Our IT cover letter examples have been tailored to help all IT prosfrom database administrators to web developers to software engineerscraft a solid cover letter that will get your resume noticed. Use the samples below as a guide in drafting your own standout tech cover letter.
Cover Letter Tips for IT
Finding jobs in IT can be made more efficient with careful planning, organization and a fine-tuned set of job-seeking skills. Follow these tips to find jobs in IT and rise above the competition.
1. Set specific goals of submitted applications, cover letters and networking events per week. By keeping track of these in a folder on your computer or in a traditional notebook, you can maintain your momentum and make your search more efficient.
2. Be sure to follow up on all your job leads. Employers seek out individuals with good communication skills.
3. Be well prepared for your interviews by bringing extra copies of your cover letter, pens and notebooks, any certifications and letters of reference and recommendation.
4. Attend job fairs. These valuable resources are often overlooked but are an important option to help you find jobs in IT.
5. Ensure your cover letter is of the highest quality that it can be. Employers continue to use it as their go-to document when considering applicants.
IT Job Seeking Tips
It cannot be overstated how important it is to have a top-notch cover letter. Read more and follow these dos and donts to give you the best chance of landing jobs in IT.
1. Do think about using a cover letter design that does not follow the standard template. These can be limiting. Just make sure it is easily readable and dont use odd fonts that can be distracting.
2. Dont use justified text blocks in your cover letter. Justifying can cause odd spaces and can make it look unprofessional.
3. Do avoid using the verb work. Utilize action verbs instead to make the most impact and highlight your accomplishments well. Verbs like developed and managed are good action verbs.
4. Dont list references directly on your cover letter. It is assumed you have them. Instead, bring a separate document when you come in for an interview for jobs in IT. You can list References available upon request if needed for design purposes to fill up blank space.
5. Do quantify your accomplishments whenever possible. Use phrases such as Increased sales 20 percent and Managed a team of 1
5. Numbers show hiring managers specific information on what you can bring to their company.