Use the following satellite TV installer cover letter example and the accompanying list of do’s and don’ts to inspire your own writing. When your cover letter is professional and unique, you improve your chances that your resume will be read.
If you're a skilled satellite TV installer, your services are in demand. To get hired, you'll need a cover letter that clearly lays out your experience and skills. We've made it easy to get started with the cover letter examples shown below. Designed specifically for the satellite TV installer seeking a new position, these cover letter examples include common skills that employers will be looking for. Simply choose one of the templates here to get started. Then customize your own cover letter to meet your needs, and shift your job search into high gear.
Finding jobs as a Satellite TV Installer is a less challenging task when you have a plan of action. The following tips can help you take the right steps for a job search that gets results.
1. Take a self-assessment whether you’re just starting out or changing careers. An assessment gauges your interests, skills and core values. With this information you can improve your cover letter and identify a career that best matches your background.
2. Conduct informational interviews. All you do is contact an employer via phone or email, requesting a 20 minute meeting. The purpose of the interview is to ask specific questions about the field of work and the company.
3. Talk to people in your network. Jot down a list of everyone you know, such as family, friends, neighbors, coworkers and former classmates. Let them know about your job search and ask them relevant questions that can direct you to new employment opportunities.
4. Go to job fairs and meet employers directly. This gives you a chance to ask questions, gather leads and build your network. Make sure you have copies of your cover letter and business cards on hand. Keep conversations with recruiters polite, positive and professional.
5. Perform employer research. Check out the employer website to learn about the products and services, mission and values, the company’s financial status and job openings. This information can help you aim for the right jobs as a Satellite TV Installer.
Although the digital landscape has changed the way people find jobs, the cover letter is one thing that has remained the same. Regardless of your level of work experience, these tips can help you write a quality cover letter for landing jobs as a Satellite TV Installer.
1. If references are requested, list them on a separate sheet. You’ll need at least three business references from people who know your daily work performance. Always get approval before using someone as a reference.
2. Keep the cover letter short. The Ideal length is one page for college students and recent grads. Two-page cover letters are more typical for experienced job-seekers, but shorter cover letters are the current trend.
3. Add variety to the design. Use a mix of font sizes, upper-case letters, small caps, italics, bold italics, bold type, but don’t do too much. The ideal type is 11-point. However, 10 and 12 point is acceptable.
4. Print the cover letter on regular copy paper. Keep in mind, job candidates using 24 or 28-pound paper are taken more seriously. Use white or light color paper.
5. If you send a cover letter through traditional mail, send it flat. Never fold it. Use plain, conservative envelopes and postage.