Build your business cover letter with these professionally written cover letter examples. The samples weve compiled are designed to help accounting, management, and marketing pros develop cover letters that get your resume noticed. Check out the examples below to get started.
Cover Letter Tips for Business
These days, hunting for a job feels more like a running a marathon. Its common for a job search to last weeks or months. A productive job search keeps you focused during a lengthy process. For a more effective search for jobs in Business, utilize the following tools and methods:
1. Build your connections. In other words, network with various professional groups. Networking groups are formed for several reasons. Sometimes the intended audience for a networking event is businesses based in a certain location. Other groups share a common professional skill, such as writing. Be open to various networking events for various audiences because you dont know where your next lead will come up.
2. Participate in conversations. If youre new to networking, it can feel daunting. It feels more comfortable for people to come up to you rather than the other way around. One way to get out of your comfort zone is to have a detective mindset. Imagine yourself as a detective who is seeking to uncover insight about jobs in Business.
3. Set up your online profiles as a professional networking site. Companies are starting to use social media as an informal but common way to do a background check on candidates. Thats why its important to have a distinctive and positive online presence.
4. Nurture your online brand. Your personal brand means what you want potential employers, recruiters or hiring managers to know about you. For example, you can share your thoughts on an industry article by posting on a LinkedIn post or on a blog.
5. Toughen up. More often than not, landing a job takes longer than the desired timeframe. Remember to put on your rhino hide when you dont land or hear back from potential jobs in Business.
Business Job Seeking Tips
Your cover letter is key to achieving an important milestone in the job search process: landing an interview. Essential to every job search, a cover letter is a marketing tool for your skills and employment value. Companies view several cover letters to fill a single, open position. To stand out among the competition, make sure to apply these winning cover letter tips:
1. Insert a profile statement or summary of skills section at the top of your cover letter. These sections help to sharpen the focus of cover letter and communicate at first glance how you meet the needs of your potential employer.
2. Modify your cover letter for each job application. Do this by integrating keywords from the job posting. Oftentimes, a database or a computer-scanning program picks out cover letters with those keywords before a live person sees the cover letter.
3. Make your cover letter reader-friendly but distinguishable. If you are using a common template in Microsoft Word, your cover letter may not stand out among other applicants who are also using that layout. Many websites offer free cover letter formatting tools for a unique but readable design.
4. Highlight transferable skills from your experience. For example, achievements that required you to analyze data, research information or manage multiple deadlines are relevant to all jobs in Business.
5. Focus on your accomplishments instead of your past job duties. Companies are looking for employees who can add value and contribute to the organization beyond performing basic job duties.