A cover letter is the first thing a prospective employer will see when reviewing your qualifications. A good letter is a step above other applicants’ and can give you a definite advantage. We’ve compiled a list of what to do and what not to do to help you write your cover letter. Use this and our provided service technician cover letter example to make yours the best it can be.
A service technician maintains and repairs agricultural equipment. The cover letter examples below have been developed to help you write your service technician cover letter. Use these cover letter examples to get a better idea of what a properly-written and professionally-formatted cover letter should look like, then choose a cover letter design and go on to write your own job-winning cover letter!
If you’re looking for jobs as a Service Technician, be sure to put to use the most effective job seeking skills. These tips below can help keep you on track during the job hunt.
1. Stay focused. It’s easy to become overwhelmed by your temporary unemployment. Staying focused on the task ahead can help you see it as the exciting opportunity it is.
2. Join a support group. Joining local support groups will not only connect you with others in the same situation, but also provide you with tools and resources for the job market in your community. Keeping a positive outlook is one of the most important aspects of job hunting.
3. Make a plan for yourself. One of the best ways to maximize your productivity is to set goals that can be accomplished on a daily or weekly basis. You could, for instance, try to send out a certain number of cover letters or applications per week.
4. Connect with your network. Don’t hesitate to reach out to personal or professional contacts that may be able to offer insight into the job market. Their advice will be welcome, and you never know where your next lead could come from.
5. Make use of social media. Use Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to expand your network. These sites are also the way that potential employers can find your professional profile.
When it comes to finding jobs as a Service Technician, you’ll want to make sure that your cover letter makes the best first impression of you possible. Keep your cover letter writing in top shape with the following tips:
1. Don’t exceed two pages. Unless you’re an academic or doctor using curricula vitae (CVs), there is no need to write more than two pages. Your cover letter should be relevant and concise.
2. Do use bullet points to list items and align the text flush left. These simple formatting tricks will improve the clarity and readability of your cover letter.
3. Don’t rely on generic language. Avoid overly used phrases such as “hard worker” and “team player,” as these detract from the individuality of your experience.
4. Do introduce your work history section with a “Summary of Skills” section. Doing so will offer the reader with an at-a-glance view of your professional qualifications.
5. Do list your work history in the following recommended order: title of position, employer, city and state of employer, and employment dates.