Jobs in Copperas Cove, TX
- 307,923 Resumes
- 1,736 Jobs Available
- 32,943 Population
- $48,000 Average Salary
Located about an hour north of Austin, Texas, Copperas Cove is located approximately eight miles west of the city of Killeen. All of the following data will be from statistics associated with the city of Killeen, Texas. According to the 2010 Census, the Fort Hood-Killeen area is home to approximately 258,000 people. Read more about Copperas Cove-Killeen’s economic outlook, including average salaries and prospective employment, that can help you navigate the market and find jobs in Copperas Cove and the Killeen area.
Data from the Copperas Cove-Killeen area shows that the region has been experiencing a very slight downturn in its economic outlook. However, with an unemployment rate of 4.7 percent in June of 2015 and a rate of 4.8 percent in November of 2015, the region is still well under the average national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. According to 2015 data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the office and administrative employment sector employs the largest number of people in the area. The food preparation and serving related sector comes in second and employs slightly more than the third place occupational group of sales and related occupations. The average weekly wage in the area is $772, while the average weekly wage in the United States is $1,048.
When it comes to hunting for jobs in Copperas Cove and the Killeen area, you will need a well-written and informative resume. Show your potential employers that you are the best candidate for the job. Get their attention with a resume that highlights your skills with these helpful tips.
1. Make the layout on your own resume easy to read with bulleted lists and concise sentences. Customize it to the job ad as much as possible. This shows the employer that you’ve done your research and that you match its criteria.
2. Action words give your resume an interesting edge. Research these phrases and incorporate them into your resume.
3. Try not to use the phrase “references upon request” as this is usually understood. Instead, use the limited space on your page to give employers more useful information about yourself and your skills when looking for jobs in Copperas Cove.
4. At an interview, be sure to ask pertinent questions like how much the company plans to grow in the next five years and what top three qualities it wishes to have in an employee.
5. Be sure to practice your answer to common interview questions. The more comfortable you are with this process, the better your chances will be of getting hired.
Finding jobs in Copperas Cove and the Killeen area requires a positive attitude. With some careful planning, prepared candidates usually have a better chance at getting hired. These tips can help you reach your employment goals in any market.
1. Connect with people from all walks of life. Building a network of other professionals can help you locate and land jobs. Do this in person and with the help of social media by joining LinkedIn if you haven’t already done so.
2. Your personality can shine though your resume, which is usually the first impression an employer will get of you. Craft a well-written resume that highlights your skills and accomplishments. No matter what kind of job you’re trying to land, make sure it’s concise and easy to read.
3. Make sure your public profiles represent you in a favorable manner. Set them to “private” to make sure only your friends and family can see what you post.
4. Look for jobs in Copperas Cove online as well as in person. Many places do not advertise when they need an employee. Ask around and visit places you’d actually like to work. They might surprise you by letting you fill out an application.
5. Try other ways of finding your next job like employment fairs, employment services and job boards. Local colleges will usually host hiring events. The more choices you have, the greater your odds of finding employment opportunities.