Jobs in Commerce Charter Township, MI
- 102,088 Resumes
- 17,251 Jobs Available
- 42,112 Population
- $58,000 Average Salary
Commerce Charter Township, MI, is a suburb of Detroit and contains within it much of Proud Lake State Recreation Area. While it was once more of a summer getaway for many people, especially from Detroit, the area has seen a lot of development in recent years and is now home to a sizeable population. The town has a population of mostly families who fit a white demographic, and very few households are below the poverty line. Checking out the most common jobs and average income in the area will help you find jobs in Commerce Charter Township.
Commerce Charter Township falls within the statistical area of Detroit as designated by the US Bureau of Labor and Statistics, and more specifically it is in Oakland County. Oakland County has seen a huge drop in unemployment in the last year, shifting from 5.6 percent to 4.2 percent. The number now is lower than the Detroit area as a whole, and much lower than the national average of 5.3 percent. The busiest industry in the area is professional and business services. The industry that provides the second highest number of jobs in Commerce Charter Township is trade, transportation, and utilities. There are more retail salespersons than any other occupation in the city. Office clerks make up the second largest body of workers. The weekly wage of $1,067 in Oakland is just slightly higher than the National average of $1,048 per week.
By following these tips, you will be able to bring your resume to the next level. That way, when you search for jobs in Commerce Charter Township, you will get potential employers’ attention the moment you give them your resume.
1. Make sure to include all of your contact information, including your number, city and state, a single email address and a single phone number. This is all you will need and any additional information is excessive.
2. Give your resume a sharp focus by highlighting the kind of work you want to be doing and emphasizing specific skills. A good way to direct your focus is with a summary section at the top.
3. It is a good rule of thumb to have one page for every 15 years of employment. That way you aren’t going to overstuff one job or cut too much out by trying to squeeze all your experience into one page.
4. Use bullet point format. It is the most organized and professional style.
5. Make sure to double and triple check for grammatical errors. These make a big difference in how your resume is received.
When you do your job search, there are some skills that will really help you to find jobs in Commerce Charter Township. This short list has information that will help you in your job hunt.
1. Take assessments to identify your primary skills and personality traits, then tailor your search to find jobs where you can perform best, and shape up your resume to highlight what is especially desirable about you.
2. Attend job fairs. Come to these events dressed professionally and with your resume ready to hand out. Many companies will be looking for applicants for jobs and internships at these fairs, and will have all the information to answer your questions.
3. Read professional journals and other resources that have to do with the field or profession you’re applying for. Stay updated and ready to work in the current industry.
4. Follow up on job leads and don’t give up until you are rejected. Many employers go through dozens of resumes, and you don’t want to get lost in the crowd.
5. Take responsibility for your own search. You can’t expect a job to just fall in your lap or one of your references to be searching for you.