Jobs in Colorado Springs, CO
- 61,074 Resumes
- 3,892 Jobs Available
- 445,830 Population
- $45,000 Average Salary
Located in eastern Colorado, Colorado Springs is a county seat and has a population of more than 400,000 residents. Sometimes called The Springs, it is home to many technology companies and several military bases that hire civilian workers. When you're on the hunt for jobs in Colorado Springs, you want to take a look at the salaries workers earn and the top jobs in the city. Get help with writing a resume and how to find jobs before starting your search.
The Colorado Springs job market heavily consists of jobs on military bases like Peterson Air Force Base and Fort Carson, but the city is also home to some technology jobs and traditional jobs. The Colorado Springs unemployment rate recently dropped to 4%, which is significantly lower than the national average. Transportation, finance, education, health services and hospitality jobs all increased in the last year, but the city witnessed a decrease in information and professional services jobs. Retail sales, customer service, food preparation, cashiers and administrative assistants represent the largest number of jobs in the city, but the average weekly salary of those workers is higher than the national average.
As you hunt for jobs in Colorado Springs, you'll find that most jobs require you submit a resume. Knowing what to include and what to leave off your resume can help you beat others competing for the same job.
1. Do focus heavily on your experience and accomplishments, which are two things hiring managers look at first.
2. Do include keywords relating to leadership, problem solving, research and writing skills and experience.
3. Do use a professional font like Arial or Times New Roman and keep your font sizing at the standard 1
4. Do not include the high school that you attended unless that is the only education you have.
5. Do not write more than five lines in any one section as this can make your resume look too crowded.
While searching for a job in Colorado Springs can sometimes feel daunting, you can use some simple tips and advice to make your search easier.
1. Customize your cover letter to showcase some of the things you learned about the company and why you want to work there.
2. Search for jobs in industries that reported the highest level of growth in recent years as these companies often hire more workers.
3. Get in touch with contacts online through social networking sites like Facebook and LinkedIn to simply let them know you're on the hunt for a new job.
4. Gain additional experience in a new field by doing some work as a freelancer before you apply for full time positions.
5. Consider going back to school to get some experience in a new field through a career training, vocational or college program.