Jobs in Coconut Creek, FL
- 14,341 Jobs Available
- 58,536 Population
- $60,000 Average Salary
Coconut Creek is part of the Miami-Fort Lauderdale- Pompano Beach metropolitan area. The city has a population of around 55,000 residents, and its beautiful waterways, landscaping, and parks have helped it receive the designation of ‘Community Wildlife Habitat’. For those thinking about looking for jobs in Coconut Creek, there are a number of things to be aware of. The following will discuss the job prospects, job market, and the average salaries of certain occupations.
The area of Coconut Creek has made improvements in its economic outlook over the years. The current unemployment rate is 4.7%, which is slightly lower than the national average of 5.3%. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the top five industries in Coconut Creek are trade, transportation, and utilities; professional and business services; government; education and health services; and leisure and hospitality. The professional and business service industry has experienced the greatest growth, while manufacturing has had a decline in growth over the last year. The average weekly wage is $778 and the national weekly average wage is $1,048.
Your resume is an important part in your search for jobs in Coconut Creek. Make sure your resume is up-to-date and provides the relevant information to help you land your dream job.
1. Search the internet for sample resumes so that you know what a strong resume looks like. While there are templates that you can download, it is often better if your resume stands out from others.
2. Include contact information, but don’t put too much in order to prevent identity theft. Include name, city and state, one phone number, one email address, and a website address if it is relevant to the position available.
3. Make sure your resume has a sharp focus. Use bulleted lists and keep paragraphs to a minimum. You may also choose to include a profile or summary of qualifications section.
4. Always proofread your resume to make sure there are no misspellings or grammar errors.
5. Instead of listing job responsibilities, talk about accomplishments and use action verbs such as collaborated, awarded, allocated, improved, etc.
As it is in any other city, finding jobs in Coconut Creek can be challenging, and it takes the right mindset and skills. Follow these tips to help make your search easier and more productive.
1. Put together a plan and stay positive. Do something every day that will enhance your job search. Although rejection is tough, it is important to keep a good positive outlook through the process. The right job may be right around the corner, so don’t give up.
2. Consider temporary work. While a full-time position is preferred, don’t be afraid to accept a short-term contract or other temporary position. This allows you to show off your talent and skills and may lead to more work with the company. It is also a way to make money while you search for a more perfect job.
3. Consider your options. Don’t narrow your search to similar positions in the same industry you have worked before. Also look for opportunities to use your skills in a different industry, or build new skills to apply for a completely new job.
4. Be persistent when looking for jobs in Coconut Creek. Attend job fairs, read professional journals, go to career orientations, sign up for interview workshops, and take advantage of other resources to help set you up for success.
5. Set up LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook accounts in order to take advantage of online resources and contacts. If you already have social media accounts, make sure that they are professional and show you in a positive light, as many hiring managers screen the accounts of potential job candidates.