Jobs in Clovis, CA
- 387,786 Resumes
- 4,152 Jobs Available
- 102,189 Population
- $53,000 Average Salary
Located in the central valley of California, the city of Clovis is a bedroom community of the greater Fresno metropolitan area. Clovis has a population of 95,631 and has many different businesses and large employers, including the Clovis Unified School District, Pelco, the Clovis Community Medical Center and the City of Clovis. With its close proximity to Fresno, there are also employers such as Kaiser Permanente, Children's Hospital, Ruiz Foods and Foster Farms to name a few.
The unemployment rate in Clovis is currently 7.9%, above the national average of 5.5% for the same time period. The city of Clovis has a number of businesses that are looking for employees, such as Farmworkers and Laborers, Retail Sales, Food Service Workers and Material handlers and movers.Five of the positions in Clovis that have the highest growth rate include:1. Legislators2. Advertising and Promotions Managers3. Public Relations Managers4. Farmers and Ranchers5. Education Administrators
When you need to find work in Clovis or any other town, developing an effective job search can make the difference that gets you work. Here are five ways that you can conduct a job search that will get you noticed.
1. Learn to use your NetworkOne of the most important tools you have in your job search arsenal is to know how to use your network. Everyone you know, including friends and family, meet people all day long and you never know when they will meet someone that is looking to hire someone with your job skills. Let your friends help your search.
2. Have a positive naturePeople enjoy being around positive people and employers like to hire positive workers. Having a positive nature can get you far.
3. Improve your SkillsBe self-motivated. An employee that takes initiative to improve their skills is a rare commodity and will definitely make an impression.
4. Dress to ImpressIt shouldn't need to be said, but it is important to make a great first impression when you go to an interview. Dressing like a professional goes a long way.
5. Be Ready. Don't try and wing your way through the interview. Be prepared to answer the employers questions.
Clovis is set within the San Joaquin Valley with lots of farms and agriculture as well as manufacturing and industrial facilities. Even with high unemployment, the businesses in the area are always looking for an employee that can help their business. If you can show the employer that you would be an asset to their business you might just be able to get your foot in the door. Learn to create a well-written resume to have a chance. The information contained in this article could help you create a resume that is effective enough to get the employers attention and get an interview. Here are five ways you can design a resume that will get noticed:
1. Know what you do well. If an employer asked you what your strong points are, what would you say? Knowing what you do well and being able to communicate that to the employer can get you a long way in getting a job. Even more important, being able to communicate your strengths on your resume can help you get called for an interview.
2. Practice writing your ResumeDon't just write out some words and call it good. Study resume writing and learn what employers want to see.
3. Why are you Different?When you are creating your resume, ask yourself why the employer should choose you over the others that are applying for the job. What makes you different that they should grant you an interview? Being able to communicate on your resume why they should give you an interview will impress the employer.
4. Be the BossBosses are not interested initially with what you need, they want to know how you can help them. Learn to create a resume that shows how you can help them.
5. Simple is Best. Do not fill your resume with all kinds of information. The resume needs to be laid out in a simple format that can be read by scanning over the details.