Jobs in Cliffside Park, NJ
- 38 Resumes
- 85,844 Jobs Available
- 25,503 Population
- $78,000 Average Salary
Cliffside Park is located in Bergen County, New Jersey. According to the 2010 census, the population of the borough was 23,594. Cliffside Park was established after a referendum held in 1895, as boroughs were becoming increasingly popular in the County. In fact, 26 boroughs were formed that following year. Bergan county is the most populous county in New Jersey and also one of the weathiest in the entire nation. The area is also known for its extensive park system that totals nearly 9,000 acres. Finding work in Cliffside Park means learning more about the town’s unique local economy, including job prospects and average salaries.
The local economic forecast for Bergen County appears promising, as unemployment rates continue to decline. According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, unemployment has decreased from 5.0% in October 2014 to 4.2% in October 2015. This is less than the national average unemployment rate of 5.2%. The occupation that accounts for the highest number of employees is retail salesperson. The second largest group consists of office clerks, followed by janitors and cleaners. The top performing industries in the area include education and health services, leisure and hospitality, and government. The education and health services industry has increased by 3.8% from October 2014 to October 2015. The average weekly wage for an employee in Bergen County is $1,226, compared to the national average weekly wage of $1,048.
When it comes to finding jobs in Cliffside Park, you’ll want your resume to make an excellent first impression of you. The following tips can help keep your resume writing in top shape.
1. Don’t exceed two pages. With the exception of doctors, academics, or anyone using curricula vitae (CVs), there is no need to write more than two pages. Keep you resume writing concise and relevant.
2. Do use bullet points wherever necessary and align the text flush left. These simple formatting tricks can make a significant difference in the readability of your work.
3. Don’t rely on generic language. Overly used expressions such as “hard working” and “team player” won’t add much to the individuality of your writing and should be avoided.
4. Do introduce your work history section with a “Summary of Skills” section. Doing so offers your reader with an at-a-glance profile of your qualifications.
5. Do list your work history in the following recommended order: title of position, employer, city and state of employer, and employment dates.
If you’re looking for jobs in Cliffside Park, you’ll want to put the best job seeking skills to use. The following tips can help keep you on track during your job hunt.
1. Stay positive. Having a positive mindset throughout the process will allow you to view your situation as an opportunity to find the next exciting step in your career. You’ll also be able to keep things in perspective and remember that your unemployment is only temporary.
2. Find a part time gig. Finding part time work can be a great solution to alleviating any financial stress of unemployment. Also, you never know where this part time opportunity could lead.
3. Make a plan. Devising a plan with goals that can be accomplished on a daily or weekly basis is one of the best ways to maximize your time and productivity. For example, you could try sending out a certain number of resumes per week.
4. Connect with your network. Don’t hesitate to reach out to personal or professional contacts who could offer insight into the current job market. Their time and advice will be valuable, and you never know where that next job lead could come from.
5. Make a presence on social media. Use websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to expand your network. Keep in mind that employers also use these websites to find potential hires.