Jobs in Cleveland, OH
- 126,056 Resumes
- 16,956 Jobs Available
- 389,521 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
Located in northeast Ohio, Cleveland is one of the state's largest cities with a population of more than 390,000 people. Home to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, professional teams like the Cavaliers and Browns and multiple colleges, the city provides locals with plenty of things to see and do. While the city offers a lot of opportunities, you'll also want to find out more about the top jobs and how much you can expect to make in your new career. Check out each of the following sections to get the help that you need.
Cleveland has a bustling tourism industry and a valuable trade industry, but you'll find jobs that span all types of industries. The city worked hard to bring its unemployment rate down to below 5%, and with an unemployment rate of 4.9%, it now has fewer workers on unemployment than the national average. The industries that reported the highest growth in recent times include construction, information, finance, education and hospitality, but Cleveland also saw the number of manufacturing and professional jobs decrease. Primary occupations in the city include registered nurse, retail sales, food preparation, cashier and office clerk. Average weekly wages in the city are slightly higher than the national weekly wage.
Employers look over your resume carefully to determine if you have what it takes to excel at the job. In addition to showing your experience and any education you have, you should also pay attention to the dos and do nots of resume writing.
1. Do use a standard 12 point black font in Times New Roman or a similar professional font.
2. Do make sure that you listed your name and contact information correctly at the top of the page.
3. Do include a list of relevant skills that incorporate some or all of the skills listed in the job description.
4. Do not use any first person pronouns when writing your resume.
5. Do not fudge the truth regarding any experiences you had, job titles you held or how long you worked for any employer.
Finding the perfect job for you in Cleveland or anywhere else that you look requires that you take the right steps.
1. Meet with a career counselor to talk more about the right jobs for you and how you can get those jobs.
2. Take the skills and career assessment tests offered by career counseling centers to find out more about the skills you possess and how those skills to relate to different careers.
3. Decide whether you want to use your skills in the same industry, take your skills to a new industry or develop new skills that will assist you when changing industries.
4. Check out job banks that list positions specifically available in Cleveland that let you upload your resume to apply for jobs.
5. Expand your network of potential job leads to include people you previously worked with, people who attended the same college and anyone else you know in your industry.