Jobs in Cleveland Heights, OH
- 109,907 Resumes
- 9,463 Jobs Available
- 45,181 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
Cleveland Heights is an inner suburb of Cleveland, and is well-known for the strong art-centered cultural presence which it displays via seasonal festivals throughout the course of each year. Its proximity to the major city makes this area a desirable place to live and work. However, before jumping directly into this charming area, those looking for jobs in Cleveland Heights, OH should take a moment to learn more about career prospects, the local job market and the pay they can expect to receive in the area.
The job market in Cleveland Heights is rather healthy, with several jobs available in a variety of different industries. The unemployment rate in this area as of October 2015 is estimated at 3.9%, substantially lower than the national average of 5.3%. However, the average weekly pay in this area currently stands at $971, which is a bit lower than the national average weekly income of $1,048. Indeed there seem to be plenty of jobs, but with most existing in lower-paying industries. The categories with the largest amount of available jobs in Cleveland Heights, OH are (respectively) the education and health services (which grew 3.6% in 2015), trade/transportation/utilities, professional and business services (which has fallen 2.5% in the past year), government and manufacturing. Among these five categories, the occupations which are most common are registered nurses, retail salespersons, fast food employees and cashiers.
One of the most important aspects in finding a great job that is well-suited to your skills is the formation of a professional resume. Many people entering into the work force might lack experience creating these documents, so here are some things to keep in mind while creating your resume for jobs in Cleveland Heights, OH:
1. In order to make your resume easily understood at a glance, use a bulleted format to help distribute information.
2. Place your most relevant information first as it applies to the job you’re seeking to occupy.
3. Place emphasis on skills which will help you in the expected work environment.
4. Have all of your information of listed employment available, including supervisor names and any important dates.
5. When describing responsibilities of previous jobs, use active verbs. This helps to make the information seem more like an achievement than an obligation.
In the current economy, finding employment is never a simple endeavor. However, by keeping a few things in mind while on the hunt for jobs in Cleveland Heights, OH, you can make the process a bit simpler and more successful for yourself.
1. Search in unexpected place for employment. Oftentimes open positions are overlooked because a business is small and doesn’t draw a great deal of attention.
2. Networking can open up countless opportunities. Gaining and maintaining both online and face-to-face connections can be a huge benefit when searching for a job.
3. Do your research. Know what potential employers will be looking for in an applicant, and examine the skillset you might need.
4. Attempt to set up some informational interviews in which you may learn more about a business, its practices and policies to make sure it’s the right job for you.
5. Attend any job fairs in your area, or anything of a similar caliber. Sometimes initiative can take you a long way.