Jobs in Clarence, NY
- 37 Resumes
- 6,939 Jobs Available
- 31,769 Population
- $49,000 Average Salary
Northeast of Buffalo sits Clarence, New York, in Erie County. This town is roughly 29.6 miles from Niagara Falls, New York. It is important that you gain information related to the job market as you search for jobs in Clarence. Find out about job prospects, the job search and salary statistics in the area.
The unemployment rate in Erie County is 4.8 percent, which is less than the national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent and shows that the job market is promising in this area. The top performing industries—trade, transportation and utilities; education and health services; government; professional and business services; and leisure and hospitality—grew by an average of 0.7 percent in the past year. The largest occupations in the area include retail salesperson, cashier, combined food preparation and serving worker and registered nurse. An important part of the job market takes a look at the average weekly salaries for jobs in Clarence. The average weekly wage in Erie County is $885, which is significantly less than the national average of $1,048.
Your resume is like a calling card that you give to the hiring manager so they will remember you even when you’re not there. You have to make sure that they will remember positive things by focusing on the information you include in your resume. Use these tips to ensure that you build an outstanding document:
1. List your past positions in a reverse chronological order, so your more recent and relevant experience is first.
2. Use strong action verbs and metrics to discuss what you accomplished in your past experience.
3. Avoid using terms like “duties included” because that will make your experience section feel like a job description.
4. If you have to include older experience, don’t emphasize it too much.
5. Avoid talking about skills that you don’t want to use in your next job because if you list it the hiring manager may want you to use them.
Finding jobs in Clarence requires a lot of the same actions as finding jobs throughout the entire nation. Knowing the right steps to take can make the process much easier. You can use these tips to help you throughout your job search:
1. Look inward before you look for jobs. Self-reflection will help your overall search be more productive. You’ll be able to figure out what type of job you are really looking for when you consider the skills and experience that you have. Take the time to really figure out what you’re looking for, so you can find a long term job.
2. Look for jobs in Clarence in a lot of places. You can’t just look at online job posting sites and be done with it. You have to look for job opportunities everywhere. Use your network, check company websites, look in the newspaper, go to job fairs, visit career centers and join professional groups. It makes sense that the more places you look, the greater your chance of finding the right position will be.
3. Make contact before you apply. After you have found job openings that interest you, you should try to make initial contact with someone inside the company. Turn to your network to see if you know anyone that works there or if anyone you know knows someone who works there. Talk with your inside contact because if they pass your resume to the hiring manager, there is a greater chance that it will be seen right away.
4. Be thoughtful and persistent in your communication. Hiring managers tend to be busy, especially when they are trying to fill a position. You want to persistently contact the about the opening until you get a definitive answer, but you want to be polite throughout your communication. Emailing them every hour is too much, but getting in touch with them a few days after you sent your resume in is appropriate.
5. Promote yourself. Make sure that you create an outstanding resume to help promote yourself professionally. You should also use your social media as a self-promotion tool and consider what you wear to interviews.