Jobs in Claremont, CA
- 354,969 Resumes
- 28,302 Jobs Available
- 36,054 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
Claremont, California is a beautiful community with just over 35,000 residents. Claremont is east of Los Angeles. You can enjoy the perks of a small town with a quick drive to the big city. Claremont has a gorgeous wilderness park, cool zones and the best weather in the world.
The unemployment rate in Claremont, California is only 3.9%, which is significantly less than the U.S. average. The unemployment rate has fluctuated from 3% to 6% and back down throughout the years; however, it is projected to stay low for quite some time. There is a 36% projected future job growth in Claremont, opening many doors for anyone who wants to work and live there.
When you do your job search, make sure you have a fantastic resume to turn in. Here are some great tips for creating a stand-out resume.
1. Use resume samples. Resume samples show you which information to add and how it should be formatted. This makes it much easier to build your resume. You don’t have to worry about leaving out important information or formatting the information incorrectly.
2. Include your work history. Your work history should begin with your current or most recent employer and work backwards. You need to list at least seven years of employment on your resume, if you have it. If you have more than seven years, list as much as you can, as long as it doesn’t go over two pages. List your duties with bullet points and avoid gaps in your work history.
3. Use a resume builder. Many web sites have online resume builders. These give you the headings that you need and also tell you which information to include. All you have to do is fill in the blanks. You can even change the headings around to suit your tastes. Resume builders have many different types of resumes available, so you can choose what you like best.
4. Begin with a professional summary. Your professional summary will tell your potential employers who you are, what you do and how long you have been doing it. It should summarize you and your resume in about 4-5 sentences. Don’t make it too long and don’t write it in first person.
5. Use bullet lists. Your whole resume, other than your professional summary, should have bullet lists to list the information. This includes your skills, licenses, achievements, and duties at past employment.
If you’re interested in looking for a job in this fantastic suburb in California, here are some tips for finding a job.
1. Network online. Create a Facebook page and a LinkedIn profile. Create a Twitter account as well. Post throughout the day and try to get followers. This will boost your online presents and make your name well known. When you apply for jobs, professionals will know who you are.
2. Stop by the businesses. Showing your face will give you a better chance of landing a job. Just make sure you know the best times. Don’t stop by a restaurant during dinner time, or another business during their busiest hours. Find out when they have some downtime and pop in to introduce yourself.
3. Follow up on all of your applications. Call the businesses 5-7 days after turning in your resume and let them know that you’re following up on your resume. Chances are, they’ll pull out your resume while you’re on the phone and schedule an interview.
4. Turn in resumes everywhere. If you get the job you want the least, at least you’ll be earning an income. You can continue your job search while you are working. Turn in resumes everywhere that you are qualified to work.
5. Make a resume for each type of work. Your resumes need to be relevant to the job you are applying for. If you are applying for more than one type of job, make sure you have a different resume for each.