Jobs in Cherry Hill Township, NJ
- 88,092 Resumes
- 18,341 Jobs Available
- 71,417 Population
- $61,000 Average Salary
Cherry Hill Township is located in New Jersey’s Camden County. It is the second largest municipality in the county behind the city of Camden. In order to get a better idea of the job market in the area, you have to take a look at the job prospects and average salaries. Use this job market information along with resume writing and job search tips to help you find jobs in Cherry Hill Township.
The job market in Camden County is similar to that of the United States on average. The unemployment rate of the county is 5.6 percent, while the national unemployment rate is 5.3 percent. The industries that have seen the most growth in the past year are mining, logging and construction; leisure and hospitality; manufacturing; education and health services; and trade, transportation and utilities. Mining, logging and construction saw an 11 percent growth. The largest occupations in the area are retail salespersons and cashiers. When it comes to average weekly wage, Camden County sits at $946 and the United States sits at $1,048.
As you start looking for jobs in Cherry Hill Township, you have to make sure that your resume is informative and professional. These tips will help you create an eye-catching document:
1. Create a summary that highlights your most relevant experience, skills and personality traits.
2. Ensure your resume is readable by using white space appropriately, integrating the table tool and bullet points, keeping type flushed to the left and creating visible headers.
3. List information relating to your experience by importance to the employer: your position title, company name, city and state of where company is located and employment dates.
4. Present education information in order of importance to the employer: degree name and major, university name, city and state where university is located, graduation year.
5. Include auxiliary information like professional affiliations, volunteer work, public speaking and certifications and licenses.
Finding jobs in Cherry Hill Township is all about knowing what to do and where to look. Follow these helpful tips on your job search journey:
1. Look everywhere. It’s easy to fall into a routine of checking online job postings and nothing else. However, in order to successfully get a job you have to look for opportunities everywhere. Talk to people in your network, read the newspaper, look online at company websites, go to job fairs and always be on the lookout for a job opportunity.
2. Turn to social media. Use social media to help put you on the map. You can use Twitter or Facebook to come in contact with an employer. You can use your personal Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn profiles to share information about your industry and showcase your skills and experience.
3. Think about yourself. Before you get too far in the job search process, you have to think about yourself. What skills do you have? What sort of career do you want to get? Your answers will help you figure out what type of jobs in Cherry Hill Township you want to find.
4. Do your research. As you prepare to apply for a job, do a bit of research on the company. This will let you know what you should highlight on your resume. It will also help you prepare for the interview. The more you know the more you’ll be able to stand out.
5. Make a plan. Planning your interview process will help relieve your nerves. You can go over practice questions, pick out a few interview worthy outfits and critique your non-verbal communication.