Jobs in Charlotte, NC
- 118,260 Resumes
- 15,832 Jobs Available
- 809,958 Population
- $62,000 Average Salary
Known as the Queen City, Charlotte is home to the Charlotte Motor Speedway, NASCAR Hall of Fame and major employers like Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Located on the southeastern edge of the state, the city has multiple employers who employ more than 10,000 workers. It's important that you learn more about the average salaries in the city, the type of jobs available and even the job market itself. With that information, you can find a great job that pays you what you are worth.
The major employers in Charlotte include retail shops and restaurants, but there is also a growing need for skilled laborers and office workers. Recent statistical data puts the unemployment rate in the city at 5.8%, which is slightly higher than the national unemployment rate. You may want to look at the top five industries that hire workers in Charlotte, which include retail sales, food preparation, customer service representatives, cashiers and day laborers. The average weekly wage for those working in the city is around $1,030, which is higher than the national average weekly salary. Industries that reported the highest amount of growth in recent years include construction, hospitality, education and health services.
Getting a great job in Charlotte starts when you get your foot in the door, but you can only accomplish that when you have a compelling resume. Whether you have years of experience or a college degree, you still need to know what to do and what not to do when writing your resume.
1. Do focus your resume on the experience and skills that you have that are most relevant to the position you want.
2. Do use simple sentences and phrases that highlight your attributes and are easy to read.
3. Do not go over two pages when writing your resume, and try to keep your resume to one page.
4. Do change your career objective section to better focus on each job you apply for instead of using the same section for all jobs.
5. Do not include more than five bullet points or sentences in each section of your resume.
Whether you want to find a job in Charlotte, another part of the state or anywhere in the country, you need the right tips at your disposal. The job search in Charlotte is much easier when you take the right type of action.
1. Rely on your networking skills to learn more about employers working in your industry and any potential jobs that might become available soon or in the near future.
2. Let your friends and family know that you are on the hunt for a new job and make sure that they understand the qualifications, skills and experience you have.
3. Include links to your online resume or your LinkedIn account on all your social networking pages, including Facebook and Twitter.
4. Use keywords and phrases in all status updates you post online to grab the attention of potential employers looking for qualified applicants.
5. Follow up every resume and cover letter that you send out with a simple email or a short phone call to the human resources department.