Jobs in Cerritos, CA
- 346,250 Resumes
- 48,115 Jobs Available
- 50,004 Population
- $62,000 Average Salary
At one point, Cerritos, California, a suburban city in Los Angeles, was known as Dairy Valley because of the high number of dairy farms. The community enjoys the offerings of the Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts and the Cerritos Millennium Library. Employment is focused primarily in the Los Cerritos Shopping Center and Cerritos Industrial Park. As you search for jobs in Cerritos, take a few minutes to look at the job market and average salaries.
There are a number large employers offering jobs in Cerritos, including UPS and Cerritos Auto Square. The unemployment rate in the city is 5.3 percent, equal to the national unemployment rate. The highest performing industries in Cerritos include transportation, office support, sales, food service and personal care. The largest occupations are retail salespersons, general office clerks, cashiers, blue collar food industry workers and blue collar workers such as laborers and freight, stock and movers. The average weekly wages for workers in Los Angeles County are $1,120, slightly higher than the national weekly wage of $1,048.
Your resume may be the most important tool among your job-hunting resources all across the country. It will help you to move forward as you search for jobs in Cerritos, no matter which industry you prefer.
1. Keep the purpose of your resume in mind. You’ll be using this document to gain access to job interviews and to provide structure for those interviews. It will represent you after you’ve left the visit.
2. There are two things you should never do on your resume: Don’t ever lie. Don’t make mistakes such as misspellings or typos. Rules regarding the length of the resume or what to include might be ignored if there’s good reasons.
3. Prepare a different version of your resume for each company to which you intend to reply. This way you can tailor the document with specific keywords that are pertinent to the company.
4. Choose one of the standard organizational formats. These include chronological, starting from most recent and moving backwards; functional, organized into groups of skills and experience; or a combination of the two.
5. If it has been a while since the last time you are looking for jobs in Cerritos, you may find that a number of things have changed. Bring your document up-to-date by brushing up on the current expectations.
Whether you are looking for new job opportunities or trying to replace a job you lost, job hunting can be stressful. Use the following tips to help you enjoy success in your search for jobs in Cerritos.
1. Try to stay positive about your search. This can be beneficial for many reasons: Your confidence will be reflected during your interviews. You are more likely to stay focused and determined in your search for employment. Cultivate a positive attitude and it will show.
2. Plot out your course of action. If you are unemployed, you may want to take steps to determine and protect your current financial health. Following this, you might set up a daily or weekly schedule for the work you plan to do while looking for employment.
3. Take a close look at your skills, experience and training. You might have qualifications that suit you for positions in many different industries. This might open up your number of opportunities.
4. Spread the word that you are looking for a new job as you visit with friends, family and former coworkers. It’s a good idea at this time to contact people in person. Email may be fast, but it is impersonal.
5. Take a creative approach to your job search. Some businesses may not list their job openings, so a referral could be your only access. Contact online job banks. Visit the sites of companies you have an interest in. Create a professional profile on each of the major social media sites.