Jobs in Centreville Township, IL
- 129,360 Resumes
- 11,619 Jobs Available
- 24,424 Population
- $57,000 Average Salary
Centreville Township, IL is located in St. Clair County, which is situated on the southwest border of the state, next to St. Louis, MO. The township is seven miles south of East St. Louis, Illinois. St. Clair County is also the home of Scott Air Force Base, approximately 23 miles east of Centreville Township. This community is an ideal location for individuals who work on or near the base or in the St. Louis metropolitan area, which is less than 10 miles away. According to the 2010 U.S. Census, Centreville Township reported a population of 25,386 residents. If you are investigating jobs in Centreville Township, it will help to review the township’s economic outlook, which includes average salaries and employment prospects.
Over the past year, Centreville Township’s economy has begun to rebound. From 2014 to 2015, the unemployment rate has gone from 5.3 percent to 4.3 percent, which is an improvement over the national average of 5.3 percent. In 2014, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that the majority of jobs in the St. Louis area are centered in the retail sector, followed by registered nurses and food preparation workers. St. Clair County’s average weekly wage for the second quarter in 2015 is in the $650 to $799 range, which is lower than the national average of $968.
Having an up-to-date resume is critical as you search for jobs in Centreville Township. If you want to make an outstanding first impression, here are some tips that will get you started:
1. Use a bullet style format. It’s easy to read and refer to at a later date.
2. Don’t lie or stretch the truth. You might be unable to answer a probing question, or a reference could unwittingly spill the beans. It’s not worth the risk.
3. Make sure you include dates and locations of your previous positions. It sets the proper context for your work experience.
4. List your work experience in reverse chronological order. Interviewers will most likely start asking about your most recent assignments.
5. Highlight your accomplishments and quantify them. They are much more impressive than a list of job responsibilities.
If you are interested in searching for jobs in Centreville Township, you should establish an organized game plan. Here are some suggestions that will get you off to a good start:
1. Establish your online presence. Submitting a resume is not sufficient any more. Recruiters and hiring managers want to learn more about you. If you want to show people that you are the ideal candidate for jobs in Centreville Township, create a professional website and a noteworthy LinkedIn profile. You will get noticed!
2. Join the conversation. As you establish yourself online, read industry blogs and articles. Post insightful comments to establish yourself as an expert in your field. If you are a good writer, start your own blog. Upload samples of your work to your LinkedIn profile so recruiters can get a feel for your work.
3. Be Persistent. Applying for jobs in Centreville Township takes more time and creativity these days. Utilize every method you can to get noticed, including social networking and personal connections. Your hard work will pay off!
4. Follow up. Be persistent and follow up on an opportunity until you hear the word “no. ” Hiring managers have too many resumes to sort through. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!
5. Be flexible. Job offers come in all shapes and sizes. If you are offered a temporary job instead of a permanent one, think about the new opportunities that might arise from the situation. You might be surprised to see how things turn out!