Jobs in cathedral city, CA
- 346,250 Resumes
- 4,432 Jobs Available
- 53,437 Population
- $39,000 Average Salary
Between Rancho Mirage and Palm Springs, Cathedral City sits in the Coachella Valley, home to the famous summer music festival of the same name. Named because its rock formation reminded settlers of cathedrals, the city was officially incorporated in 1981 after being a housing subdivision for decades. If you’re looking for employment in Cathedral City, you should first familiarize yourself with the local job market including average salaries and employment prospects. We’ve gathered all the information you need about the area to help you have a more successful search for jobs in Cathedral City.
Though the area has experienced some economic hardship, the job market saw a 3.3 percent increase in employment opportunities overall. While the United States national unemployment rates fall at 5.3 percent, Cathedral City has a much higher rate of 7.9 percent. Of all the industries in the area, the construction, finance, business, manufacturing and leisure sectors saw excellent performance and respectable growth rates in 2015. In particular, the construction industry experienced a 12.5 percent increase in jobs, translating to over 9,800 employment opportunities. The jobs in Cathedral City with the high concentration of workers include retail sales, movers, laborers, food preparation and office clerk occupations. The area has a weekly mean wage of $861, while the national average is $1,048.
Even though the Internet and modern technology have changed the way people search for jobs in Cathedral City, the resume is still an important and expected document. Apply these tips to your editing.
1. Don’t sweat the one page rule too much. If possible, condense your resume to one page, especially if any run off takes up less than half of the second page. However, professionals with extensive careers or experience are well suited for two-page resumes.
2. Use bullets, not paragraphs. Bulleted information is much easier to get information from at a glance. Your hiring manager wants to see a document that is easy to scan, so do your best to accomplish this goal.
3. Proofread your document extremely carefully. In resumes, small mistakes like missing punctuation or misspelled words can be lethal. If you can, ask a colleague to review your resume to catch anything you might’ve missed.
4. Don’t list your references. When necessary, put all professional references in a separate document and give the hiring manager a copy if requested.
5. Don’t list non-professional information like hobbies. While this may be good detail for an interview, it would be irrelevant in a resume.
Like in almost any city in the United States, you can improve your search for jobs in Cathedral City with by taking the right actions. To get started, use these 5 tips and you’ll be well on your way to landing your next interview.
1. Attend local job fairs. Employers at these events will be searching for new talent, so it’s a great place to make new connections, especially if you’re new to Cathedral City.
2. Grab a copy of the local paper. Many small and local companies use newspapers to reach out to professionals in the area. Don’t forget about print ads!
3. Stay positive and persistent. If you receive a rejection or don’t hear back from a lead, try not to take it to heart. Keep applying and searching for employment opportunities and you’ll find the right fit for you.
4. Make a schedule. Whether weekly or daily, set out the tasks you’d like to complete to keep you motivated and focused.
5. Dig deep for employment opportunities. Particularly on job sites, new posts can drown out older posts, even if they’re only a week old. Spend some time digging through job banks and sites to find hidden gems.