Jobs in Castle Rock, CO
- 755,838 Resumes
- 8,479 Jobs Available
- 55,747 Population
- $50,000 Average Salary
Located in Douglas County, Castle Rock is the most populated municipality with a population of 48,231 as of the 2010 census. Positioned half way between Colorado Springs and Denver, many residents hold employment in the Denver Technological Center and other companies throughout the city. Housing in Castle Rock is slightly higher than the U.S. average. As you begin your search for jobs in Castle Rock, you will want to understand the overall economic outlook and explore average salaries and job opportunities.
The Denver Area, which includes Douglas County and Castle Rock, has experienced reasonable recent economic growth. Between 2014 and 2015, the unemployment rate dropped from 3.9 percent to 3.1 percent ,which is substantially lower than the national average of 5.3 percent. The trade, transportation and utilities sector possesses the highest number of job openings followed by the professional and business, government, education and health services and leisure and hospitality. The logging, mining and construction sector has experienced the largest percentage of growth. The areas most common position of employment is retails salesperson followed by food prep and service workers. The average weekly salary in the Denver area is $1, 209 while the U.S. average is $1,048.
When finding jobs in Castle Rock, your resume is one of the most important tools in succeeding. Use these do’s and don’ts to polish your resume and possibly get the job you want.
1. Do make the resume easy to read. Hiring managers only spend seconds looking through resumes, so you want to make it easy.
2. Don’t use paragraphs. You want to list all of your skills, accomplishments and experiences. Lists help with the readability of your resume.
3. Do consider the font. You want a clear concise font and you want to make sure that it is at least 10 pt size.
4. Don’t leave off your contact information. You want to make sure that potential employers can easily get a hold of you.
5. Do leave off references. An employer will let you know if and when they want your references and how to provide them, so don’t include them here.
Finding the ideal jobs in Castle Rock requires a special combination of an optimal mindset and developed job searching skills. Here are some tips to help you succeed in your job search process.
1. Possess a can do attitude. You want to be persistent in your job search and demonstrate to employers that you are motivated and ready to succeed. Demonstrate this by following up with potential employers and persisting through the process.
2. Stay positive. To maintain a can do mindset, you need to make sure you are staying positive no matter what set backs come your way. The moment you give into the rejection and doom is the moment you lose your footing. Stay positive and you will more easily be able to persist.
3. Act like a detective. Job postings and openings are often not in the most obvious places, so you want to spend time sifting through new outlets and finding smaller clues. Use word of mouth, social media and other tools to find things that you wouldn’t otherwise.
4. Boost your image. You are marketing and selling yourself throughout the job seeking process, and you want to make sure you create an image that will help and not hinder your opportunities. Make sure that you are maintaining your image on and off the web. You never know who can help you, so present a positive image wherever you go.
5. Meet as many people as possible. Take small steps in introducing yourself to not only friends of friends, but also anyone you meet. You really don’t know who will be the right connection, so begin expanding your circle and talking to new people.