Jobs in Casa Grande, AZ
- 180 Resumes
- 1,756 Jobs Available
- 51,478 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
The city of Casa Grande is probably best known for its local namesake, the Hokoham ruins at the nearby Casa Grande Ruins National Monument. While it was originally a railroad terminus, it has grown steadily into a compact, modern urban landscape with a population of just over 48,000. If you are looking for jobs in Casa Grande, it’s important to understand the economic base and diversity of the city, to better understand what is available and what the local salary range looks like. Let’s unpack some of that information, to better understand the city and its job market.
When you are looking for jobs in Casa Grande, it’s important to keep in mind that even though the largest employers in the area are retail chains, there is also a strong base for skill medical and laboratory workers due to the local medical center being the second-largest employer in the area. Unemployment in Casa Grande tracks closely with the United States average, coming in at 5.2 percent. The national average is currently 5.3%. Other than healthcare and retail, the areas other strong industries include education, and food preparation. The area also serves as a base for distribution center for many larger corporations. As a result, top occupations include food preparation and service, retail, and customer service positions. Local wages do tend to come in under the United States weekly average of $1,048, but they reflect the average wage in the Mountain region.
The key to landing the top jobs in Casa Grande might sound a little familiar to you, but that’s just because it is always the key to landing a top job: You need a brilliant resume. Here are five ways to help you sharpen yours for the local job market:
1. Analyze the job description and any other relevant materials about the company to better understand which skills to highlight, and bring them to the top of the page.
2. Write an objective that shows them what you can offer immediately, but that also lets them know where you will go in the position.
3. Remember to market related skills that will help you to reinforce the ones the employer is seeking by tying them together with brief but active language.
4. Resumes do not have to be all-inclusive. Keep it short and to the point by leaving off irrelevant experiences or skills that are unrelated to the employer’s ad.
5. Do your best to mirror their vocabulary, so that you reflect the exact values and skill sets they are looking for.
While there are quite a few things that make the area unique, hunting for jobs in Casa Grande, AZ works basically the same way it does in any U. S. city. Here are a few ways to help yourself get started:
1. Make a job search plan, so that you have a system for following up on your leads and keeping in touch with prospective employers.
2. Take assessments to help yourself evaluate your skills, so you can better position yourself through both your resume and your choice of jobs to apply for.
3. Expand your networking by joining social clubs and professional organizations in the area.
4. Touch base with your existing network, too, so they know you are actively searching for work.
5. Remember to keep up with your professional development! Even if you have years of experience in a field, attending some training sessions, professional conferences, or refresher courses will help to demonstrate that you are working to continuously improve your skill set.