Jobs in Carrollton, GA
- 594 Resumes
- 85,742 Jobs Available
- 26,690 Population
- $50,000 Average Salary
Nestled in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, Carrollton, Georgia, sits in Carroll County. Carrollton is also home to the University of West Georgia and a part of the greater Atlanta area. While looking for jobs in Carrollton, it is important that you gather information related to the economic outlook of the area. You can find some preliminary data about the job market, job search and average salaries.
The unemployment rate in the United States is 5.3 percent, which is lower than 6.7 percent, the unemployment rate in Carroll County. This higher unemployment rate shows that the job market in Carrollton is difficult at the moment. The top performing industries in the greater Atlanta area include trade, transportation and utilities; professional and business services; government; education and health services; and leisure and hospitality. These industries have grown an average of 3.8 percent in the past year. The largest occupations are retail salesperson, hand laborer, customer service representative and combined food preparation and serving worker. The average weekly age in Carroll County is lower than the national average weekly wage. They are $799 and $1,048 respectively.
You resume is an important tool you can use to help you find jobs in Carrollton. It is a document that will boast your skills and experience even when you’re not there. Consider these tips to ensure you have the right information and look for your resume:
1. Remember the two unbreakable rules of resume writing: never tell lies and keep it error-free.
2. Other common resume writing rules, like the one-page limit, can be broken if you have a good reason to not follow the rule.
3. Use an order that is important to the hiring manager. Most resumes end up being a combination of functional and reverse chronological orders.
4. Keep your color scheme simple. Stick to black, white and gray to make sure that your resume is professional and clear.
5. Make your document completely reader-friendly by incorporating headers, bullet points, small paragraphs, the table tool and white space throughout your resume.
As you try to find jobs in Carrollton, you will notice that the steps necessary are similar to the rest of the country. While the search may be, on average, more difficult, it is still very doable. Use these tips to make the process a little more manageable:
1. Consider taking a temporary position. The job hunt can take a long time. You need to consider the right now. Temp jobs are a great way to get your foot in the door of a company, and it will help you make some money.
2. Be persistent without getting pesky. Once you make initial contact, you need to keep in communication with hiring managers. Send them thank you notes and follow up emails, so they will continue to think about you. However, you don’t want to waste their time or be annoying. You need to find the fine line between persistence and peskiness.
3. Figure out where you should look. Before you can really know where to look, you have to know what you’re looking for. Consider your skills, interests and experience. Do some research to find companies that would have jobs in Carrollton that you’re interested in having. Start communicating with someone on the inside and looking at job fairs, career centers, online job posting sites and the like for an opening.
4. Use your network. Your network can help you find inside connections. This system can also give you needed information on companies, careers, industries and job opportunities. Use this time to build up and maintain your network.
5. Beef up your social media. More and more employers are looking to social media to find their next candidate. Make sure your profiles are professional, so you will be able to catch the eye of a hiring manager.