A large collection of real, high-quality new college grad resume and cover letter samples for improving your job, internship, grad-school search. Provided at no cost.
Note: These resume samples are just a small part of vast collection of the Professional Resume Samples we offer at Quintessential Careers. We encourage you to take advantage of all the resources we offer you!
Get ideas for how to develop your own resume and cover letter by looking at these samples of fictionalized real new-grad resumes and cover letters:
- Sample Chrono-Functional New Graduate Resume: Copperplate Design: a design variation on the chrono-functional resume for college students and new grads. Note that while college students should strive for 1-page resumes, those with exceptional experience can have a second page.
- Sample Chronological New Grad IT Resume: Classic Design: this design for new grads in the information-technology field contains our reader-friendly keyword section showcasing computer skills. Note that while college students should strive for 1-page resumes, those with exceptional experience can have a second page.
- Sample Chrono-Functional Resume with Graphic: this chrono-functional new-grad resume uses a small, tasteful graphic to instantly convey the the grad’s desire to help coach softball at her alma mater.
- Sample Chrono-Functional Marketing Resume: this grad’s chrono-functional resume is sharply targeted toward a job in marketing.
- Sample Chronological IT Resume: this grad lists a number of relevant projects in his Education section. Note that he lists only his GPA in his major as it is higher than his overall GPA.
- Sample Chrono-Functional Biotech/Sales Resume: applying her academic scientific background to a job in the business sector is the goal of this new grad’s resume.
- Sample Chronological Investments Resume: a new grad with unusually strong experience while in school makes the most of his finance background in his resume. See accompany cover letter below.
- International Investments Cover Letter Sample: The grad whose resume is above makes a strong case for his Unique Selling Proposition in his cover letter.
- Sample Chrono-Functional Medical-Equipment Sales Resume: with a degree in psychology, this grad includes a Medical/Health Care section in her chrono-functional resume to target it to pharmaceutical sales. See accompany cover letter below.
- Medical-Equipment Sales Cover Letter Sample: since the grad whose resume is above has no objective statement on her resume, her cover letter tells the employer what she seeks.
- Sample Chrono-Functional Pharmaceutical Sales Resume: this grad makes the most of her sports experience, suggesting that her competitive drive will help her succeed in pharmaceutical sales.
- Sample Chronological Public-Relations Resume: this grad includes hands-on projects in her Eduction section and also includes a Teamwork/Leadership section. See accompany cover letter below.
- Public-Relations Cover Letter Sample: the grad whose resume is above uses her cover letter to convey her enthusiasm for public relations. Note that she makes a smart connection between her Spanish-language skills and the employer’s location.
- Sample Chronological Resume Targeting Health-and-Wellness Industry: this resume and the one below show how a new grad can make minor tweaks to a resume to target different types of jobs.
- Sample Chronological Resume Targeting Management Position in Healthcare or Hospitality: here, the grad has included a slightly different chronology of jobs to show those most relevant to the type of jobs he’s targeting with this version of his resume. See accompany cover letter below.
- Healthcare Consulting Cover Letter Sample: the grad conveys his passion for the healthcare sector in his letter.
- Sample Chronological Management Resume: this new grad lists her many honors, distinctions, and volunteer/extracurricular activities in a two-column format at the end of her resume.
- Sample Chronological Finance Resume: this resume makes the most of a distinctive program at the grad’s college. See accompany cover letter below.
- Financial Services Cover Letter Sample: the grad whose resume is above shows his knowledge and appreciation of the targeted employer in his cover letter.
- Sample Finance Resume: another grad of the same distinctive program as the previous grad takes a slightly different approach with her resume particularly expanding on her Education section.
- Sample Law School Resume: graduate and professional programs often require a resume for admission; this one targets law school.
- Sample Chrono-Functional Internship Resume: this student has strong unpaid experience but little paid work experience. He therefore plays up his transferable skills in his resume. See accompany cover letter below.
- Summer Analyst Internship Cover Letter Sample: the student whose resume is featured above focuses on his applicable skills and experience.
- Sample Chrono-Functional Travel Consultant Resume: this grad uses a very specific objective statement and makes the most of international experience. See accompany cover letter below.
- Travel Consultant Cover Letter Sample: the new grad whose resume is listed above uses an attention-grabbing cover-letter opener and a reader-friendly bulleted style. The wording in the bullet points reflects wording in the ad to which the letter responds.
- Sample Chronological Artist Resume: this resume features a simple approach and an attractive design. See accompany cover letter below.
- Artist Cover Letter Sample: a solid understanding of what is needed in the targeted job distinguishes the cover letter of the grad w hose resume is above.
- Sample Chronological Management Resume: this new grad uses a skills-based objective statement.
- Sample Chrono-Functional Sales Resume: a chrono-functional approach enables this grad to feature applicable skills clusters. His professional history is presented in two columns.
- Sample Chrono-Functional IT Programming Resume: a keyword section detailing technical skills is a major feature of this resume. See accompany cover letter below.
- IT Programming Cover Letter Sample: the grad whose resume is above explains that she plans to relocate to the employer’s city.
- Sample Chrono-Functional Customer-Service Resume: this grad uses skills clusters that relate to his targeted job. See accompany cover letter below.
- Customer-Service Cover Letter Sample: the grad whose resume is featured above does a great of blending his unusual language fluencies with his interest in customer service.
Additional Resources for Jobseekers: