An overview of the process of job interviewing — from the job-seeker’s perspective. It’s a how-to guide for beginners, a refresher for those who haven’t interviewed in a long time, and an outline for teachers, career counselors/coaches, and those who assist inexperienced interviewees.
Quick and Quintessential Guide: Frequently Asked Questions about Job Interviewing will equip job-seekers with the most basic knowledge about job interviewing. It is especially for students, entry-level workers, people returning to the workforce, and anyone lacking recent experience in job interviewing.
| The first five chapters of the guide are presented in the form of questions and answers about interviewing. The Appendix contains five sections providing in-depth information about significant aspects of interview preparation, along with a Job Interview Checklist that provides a quick review of essentials for prospective interviewees.
Quick and Quintessential Guide: Frequently Asked Questions about Job Interviewing will help job-seekers get quickly up to speed on need-to-know job-interview guidance.
Buy this Quick & Quintessential Guide today!
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Interview Basics
- What is the purpose of a job interview?
- How do job-seekers get job interviews?
- Does having an interview mean I will get the job?
- What types of job interviews exist?
- How does the interviewee know what kind of interview will be conducted?
Chapter 2: Interview Preparation
- How can job-seekers prepare for interviews?
- What’s the best prep for the hours immediately before the interview?
Chapter 3: Interview-Question Basics
- What kinds of questions should the job-seeker expect, and what are the keys to responding to the trickiest questions?
- How should I handle illegal or inappropriate questions?
Chapter 4: At the Interview
- What are the most important things to remember in the interview?
- What are some of the biggest mistakes job-seekers make in interviews?
- What if I draw a blank and can’t answer a question?
- What should the job-seeker do at the end of the interview?
Chapter 5: After the Interview
- What should the job-seeker do after the interview?
Appendix: In-Depth Answers to Your Questions about Job Interviews
- Job-Interview Checklist
- Interviewing Prep: Job Interview Checklist for Job-Seekers
- Promising Interview-Prep Technique: Composing Written Responses to Job Interview Questions
- Best Bet for Job Interview Prep: Rehearsed, Mock, and Video-Recorded Interviews
- 24-Hour Countdown to the Job Interview: How Job-Seekers Should Prepare
- The Unspoken Secrets of Job Interviewing: How Your Nonverbal Presentation and Behaviors Impact the Impression You Make
- Job Interview Post-Mortem: Deconstructing Your Job Interview’s Highs and Lows
About the Quick and Quintessential Books Series
Quintessential Careers has launched a new series of Kindle books that enables readers to cut to the chase. The series will cover a wide variety of career-advancement techniques, with a new guide published approximately every week. Get up to speed and succeed in a flash and propel your career, job-search success. You can digest the books in this series in about an hour.
The series does not require a Kindle; by downloading a Kindle app, readers can read the guides on a computer or mobile device, such as a phone or tablet.
See all our Quintessential Careers Press Projects.