Useful Links to Other Informational Interviewing Resources
While this tutorial is fairly comprehensive, there are also a number of other Websites that provide resources on informational interviewing. This list includes:
- Researching Employers Through Informational Interviews: A Quintessential Careers article that asks: Can you imagine a better way to research a company than to visit the company and talk to people who work there?
- Mastering the Informational Interviewing: A concise look at the value of informational interviews throughout your career. Provides some general guidelines, as well as a handful of questions you can ask in the informational interview.
- Information Interviews Guide: A concise review of informational interviewing from Florida State University’s Career Center.
- Informational Interviewing: A nice overview of informational interviewing, including the benefits of informational interviewing and what they call the six steps for informational interviewing. From the Career Center at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Informational Interviewing: A very thorough overview of informational interviewing, including the advantages of informational interviewing and key tips for interviewers. From the career center at Colby-Sawyer College.
- Informational Interviewing: Get the Inside Scoop on Careers: A pdf of a 2010 article from the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Outlook Quarterly that provides a nice overview of informational interviewing.
Have you checked out the rest of the great free career and job-related tutorials offered on Quintessential Careers?
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.