Do you love to give public presentations? Are you the “go-to” person for people in need of a sympathetic ear? Do spreadsheets excite you? Your answers to these questions will help determine whether your work style is Assertive, Persuasive, or Systemic.
According to career experts, we all have a predominant work style that influences how we approach our work. If there’s a good match between your work style and your career, you are more likely to love your job. To find your best career, you need to first identify your predominant work style and then find the work environments and jobs that complement it.
Read on to assess your own work style and for a list of great jobs (with median yearly salaries) for each style:
- Are you a daring risk taker?
- Do you love challenges?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced work environment?
- Do you like to tell people how things should be?
- Do you enjoy supervising others?
- Do you like to know everything that is going on at work to make certain it is going the way it should?
- Are you comfortable with confrontation?
If you answered yes to most of these questions, your work style is Assertive.
Assertive types excel in management positions that require strong motivational skills. Some great career choices for Assertive types include:
- Regional sales director: $95,819
- Event planner: $76,805
- Restaurant manager: $30,884
- Advertising agency manager: $90,229
Assertive types also make great entrepreneurs.
If you answered yes to most of these questions, your work style is Persuasive.
Persuasive types thrive in jobs that require constant communication and interaction with others. Some great career choices for Persuasive types include:
- Elementary school teacher: $54,273
- Human resources administrator: $34,810
- Financial advisor: $71,324
- Health advocate: $93,207
- Do you focus on the facts, not on opinions?
- Are you known for your follow-through?
- Do you enjoy a steady routine?
- Do you have a system for everything?
- Do you apply persistent and steady effort to get things done?
- Do you prefer to ponder important decisions rather than making quick decisions on the fly?
If you answered yes to most of these questions, your work style is Systemic.
Systemic types value precision and efficiency and are excellent problem solvers. Some great career choices for Systemic types include:
- IT coordinator: $81,522
- Physical therapist: $68,163
- Accountant: $55,087
- Civil engineer: $74,878
Want more information about your work style and career interests? Take the Free Career Test.
Looking for a job that matches your work style? Get the job with a great resume with help fromLiveCareer’s Resume Builder.