Jobs in Campbell, CA
- 755,838 Resumes
- 4,265 Jobs Available
- 41,119 Population
- $82,000 Average Salary
Campbell is located in the San Francisco area of California. This city is best known for the Pruneyard Shopping Center, which was at the heart of a famous Supreme Court free speech case and that is now the location of the South Bay FBI offices. If you are looking for jobs in Campbell, California, then you need to learn more about the job market and find out about the unemployment rate and average earnings in this area.
When comparing the job market in the San Francisco area to that of the whole country, this area is doing a bit better than the national averages. The unemployment rate is at 4.0%, lower than the 5.3% national average. The average weekly wages are also better than the national average at $1,669 vs. $1,048. The largest industry, professional and business services, has seen a recent 7% increase in employment. The other top industries starting with the largest were trade, transportation and utilities, education and health services, government, and leisure and hospitality. It can also help to get an idea of the top occupations in the area when you are looking for jobs in Campbell, California, which are retail salespersons, office clerks, janitors and cleaners, cashiers, and waiters and waitresses.
Your resume is an important tool. When you are looking for jobs in Campbell, California, you will need a strong resume in order to get a good job. Here are some tips to help you get your resume in good shape.
1. Use a reverse chronological organization. This means listing all recent experience and education first. This is the most recognized format and one that is easy to read and skim.
2. Keep the formatting simple. Avoid using color or odd fonts that may make it hard to read. Your goal should be to make your resume as easy to read as possible.
3. Make yourself stand out by highlighting the skills and experience you have that relate to the job. You want your resume to prove you are the best person for the job, so focusing your resume to highlight relatable skills works best.
4. Don’t forget to include your contact information. You want to be easy to contact if they want to offer you a job. Be sure to include at least your phone number and email address.
5. Make your resume easy to skim. Hiring managers are busy people and probably won’t have the time to read every word of your resume, so make the main points stand out by using things like bullet lists.
As you look for jobs in Campbell, California, you will want to make things as easy on yourself as possible. Here is some helpful advice you can use during your job search.
1. Use the internet. Go online to look for jobs in Campbell, California. Also develop your social media accounts and ensure they look professional. Many employers use the internet to find employees and run background checks on potential hires.
2. Talk to people you know to see if they know of any job leads. Networking can also help you get your name out there and in front of those who are hiring.
3. Update your resume. You want your resume to be ready to go before you start applying, so make sure it is updated with all your recent information.
4. Attend job fairs. These are great because they bring a lot of employers together in one place. You can fill out applications, distribute your resume and maybe even hold some interviews.
5. Follow up on all job leads. You want to keep checking in on jobs that you have applied or interviewed for until you are told the position has been filled.