Jobs in Camarillo, CA
- 755,838 Resumes
- 13,205 Jobs Available
- 66,923 Population
- $56,000 Average Salary
Camarillo, California, located in the Oxnard metropolitan area with the greater Los Angeles area, is know for its Mediterranean climate. It never gets too hot or cold here with an average temperature around 71 degrees. Camarillo is a bedroom community where family is key. There are many events for children, youth and families that help make the community more close knit and family focused. If you are hunting for jobs in Camarillo, California, you will want to learn more about the job market, including unemployment rates and average salaries.
Employment in Camarillo is concentrated in seven specific industries and offers wages above the national average. The top industries for jobs in Camarillo, California, are office and administrative support, sales and related, food preparation and serving related, education training and library, production, transportation and material moving, and management. The largest occupations within the city are retail salespersons, cashiers, food preparation workers and office clerks. The unemployment rate of 5.5% is slightly higher than the national average of 5.3%. However, the average weekly wages of $1,147 are slightly above the national average of $1,048.
Before any job search, you want to make sure that your resume is in good shape. Here are some tips for getting your resume ready for your hunt for jobs in Camarillo, California.
1. Don’t mention high school under education unless it is your only education. It is assumed if you went to college that you have completed high school.
2. Never include references on your resume or mention they are available on request. It is assumed that if you are asked, you will provide your references.
3. Follow a general format that is easy to read and navigate. You want your resume to make sense and read easily, so following a common format works best. This helps make the resume easier to navigate, too. Remember you want to make your resume as easy to read as possible out of respect for the person who is reading it who is likely to have limited time to devote to reading your resume.
4. Use bullets to make your resume easier to read. Most sections of your resume can utilize bullets to help make things look more polished and make them easier to scan through.
5. Keep your resume as brief as possible. One page is standard length but not a hard fast rule. Just try to stay under two pages.
When you are hunting for jobs in Camarillo, California, it’s important that you take a few steps to make the most of the process. Here are things you should do.
1. Treat the job hunt like a job. Schedule yourself to work specific hours each day looking for and applying to jobs. Make sure that you stick to your schedule and work every day doing something towards your job hunt.
2. Use resources available to you. You don’t have to try to do this alone. Use local job banks, career counseling and other employment services to help you as your hunt for jobs in Camarillo, California.
3. Get in contact with everyone you know to put the word out that you are looking for a job. Use your network to get your name out there and harvest job leads. You can also use your contacts to make new contacts and widen your network. The larger your network, the more likely you will be to find a lead to your next job.
4. Use social media to your advantage. Make sure you have a presence on top sites and that your social media image is professional looking. You don’t want an employer to come across something that would look bad and end up costing you a job.
5. Don’t give up until you get a no. Keep checking in on application you have submitted and follow up after every interview. You want to let employers know that you are very interested and dedicated to getting the job.