Jobs in Brownsville, TX
- 278,758 Resumes
- 2,962 Jobs Available
- 183,046 Population
- $65,000 Average Salary
If you knew a place that was close to a well-known beach and an entirely different country, not to mention had great Mexican food, would you want to live there? Though there is more to Brownsville, TX than that, those are some of the reasons that people enjoy living there so much. Of course you would also have to look at the job market and find any job prospects before you consider moving to Brownsville or any other city. The following information will give you some insight on the types of information you need to look out for.
In terms of employment, Brownsville has the highest percentage of workers in the Office and Administrative Support area, which has 17.2 percent of overall workers. Personal Care and Service is the next largest, employing 13 percent of all workers. Sales Related jobs are next in line, making up 10.1 percent, while Education comes falls in with 9.1 percent. Healthcare and Transportation tie for the next largest industry, both with 5.9 percent of employed persons. In terms of wages, the per hour averages tend to fall a significant amount across the board when compared to the national average.
Like Charlie when he went to the chocolate factory, your resume will be your golden ticket inside. But you have to make sure it stands out, even if you have the most experience and skills. Take a look at some of these tips for building a solid resume.
1. Most employers scan resumes in a matter of seconds, so you want to make sure yours is easy to read and has all the important information visible. Using bullet lists is a great way to organize your resume in an easy to scan format.
2. Don’t leave any mistakes in there. While you may think your experience speaks for itself, a mistake could send the wrong message that you were too lazy to correct even the smallest of errors.
3. List accomplishments instead of duties.
4. Point out how you helped your former employer grow and succeed.
5. Read your resume out loud to find any awkward sentences and phrases.
Whether you decide to live in Brownsville or any other city in the U. S. , you will still need to conduct a job search. While there are many things that go into a successful search, the following tips will help get you started.
1. Always have a positive attitude when it comes to your job search. This will keep you motivated to continue.
2. Find different resources to help you make a successful plan of action. There are plenty of books and websites with valuable information, so you will want to look through some as you search.
3. Take another look at your resume, and also have someone else revise it for you. They might be able to find mistakes that may have slipped by you.
4. Use social media your advantage. Most people do not realize that they can connect with potential employees by engaging in meaningful interaction on sites like Twitter and LinkedIn.
5. Along with a resume, make sure you develop a well thought out cover letter. You may not actually send it out in hard copy form, but you can still use it to email potential employers.