Jobs in Brooklyn Center, MN
- 19,997 Jobs Available
- 30,729 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
Located on the west bank of the Mississippi River, Brooklyn Center lies on the northwest border of the metropolis of Minneapolis. As of the 2010 Census, this community in Hennepin County had a population of 30,104 residents. Find out more about the local employment outlook and opportunities for jobs in Brooklyn Center.
The healthy economy in the city of Brooklyn Center and the greater Minneapolis-St. Paul area is reflected by the low unemployment rate of 2.7 percent. This is markedly lower than the national average of 5.3 percent. Trade, transportation and utilities are the areas that provide the largest number of jobs, followed by professional and business services and health and education positions with similar comparative numbers. The largest occupations are in office and administrative support and sales and related positions. The counties encompassing the Minneapolis area range quite a bit in weekly salaries, but average out just above the national average at $1,064, over $1,048 in weekly wages.
Your resume is the main document that you can use to sell yourself to potential employers and making sure it is in tip-top shape for finding jobs in Brooklyn Center is very important. Follow these do’s and don’ts to make your resume the best that it can be.
1. Do quantify your accomplishments within your job descriptions. Using phrases such as “increased department sales by 20 percent” or “managed a team of 10” gives the most impact and is a very desirable quality on a resume for hiring managers.
2. Don’t emphasize older experience on your resume. It is okay to include jobs that are more than 15 years old but make sure they are very simple or even in a separate section titled “Previous Professional Experience. ”
3. Do list your job information in the preferred order: title/position, name of employer, city/state of employer, dates of employment.
4. Don’t use justified text blocks. They can place odd spaces within the body of your resume and make it difficult to read.
5. Do make sure to proofread carefully. This cannot be overstated. Errors on your resume appear unprofessional and will make it likely to be passed over, regardless of your qualifications.
When you are searching for jobs in Brooklyn Center, it is necessary to have a solid job-seeking skill set with the attitude to succeed. Read more to find out what you can do to reach the next level in your career goals and land a new job.
1. Research your potential employers well prior to interview. Utilizing a variety of resources including company websites and social media platforms, as well as annual reports and industry specific trade journals will provide you with current information and future trends for answering questions during the interview.
2. Develop a schedule of job search activities and stick to it. This will develop momentum and give you the reinforcement to stay positive throughout your job search.
3. Think about setting up informational interviews to get details of certain jobs and companies. It’s not an interview, but can provide you with the information you need to make crucial career decisions.
4. Make sure to never say negative things about previous employers in the interview. Regardless of the situation involved, it can still impact what a hiring manager may think of you.
5. Dig deep for job leads. From job fairs to online job banks, to personal networks and American Job Centers, there are many alternatives to explore for your next career move.