Jobs in Bristol Township, PA
- 10,064 Jobs Available
- 54,160 Population
- $62,000 Average Salary
Located in the heart of Bucks County, Bristol Township is an historic and cultural center, with, among other events, annual celebrations of African and Latino heritage. It’s close to Philadelphia, but far enough away to offer a countrified lifestyle, and holds many attractions. If you’re looking for a job in Bristol township, the information below about the job market, prospects and salaries will interest you.
Job growth is strong and growing in Bristol Township. The unemployment rate is 4.3 percent (a drop from 4.7 percent in 2014), better than the national average of 5.3 percent. The fastest growing industries are general services, with an annual growth rate of 5.6 percent, leisure and hospitality, trade, transportation and utilities, financial activities and mining, logging and construction. The largest occupations are retail salespersons and cashiers. The average weekly wage is $1,182, a bit higher than the national average of $1,048.
Regardless of how much experience you have or what industry you’re in, your resume is the most important tool in your job-hunting toolbox. Make it everything it should be by following these five helpful resume-writing tips.
1. Create different versions of your resume for different jobs. They may all contain the same information, but rewording, rearranging and emphasizing different items will make each one seem as if it is specifically tailored for each job, rather than for all jobs in Bristol Township. Also, be sure to keep track of which version you send where.
2. Combine attractiveness with good organization to make a compelling document. Search the Internet for examples of resumes that stand out while delivering all of the necessary information. It doesn’t have to be flamboyant, but a good-looking approach will get more attention.
3. Emphasize the experience and skills in your background that are transferable to a new job and when describing them, always use action words, such as “accomplished,” “saved” (as in money), “created” and so on.
4. Don’t include personal information, a picture of yourself or a description of your interests and hobbies. All of this is too un-businesslike and could possibly be used to discriminate. Also don’t include the reason that you left any of your previous jobs.
5. Assume that there is always at least one more spelling or grammar error that you need to find. Keep re-reading and be sure to give it one more thorough proof-reading right before it goes out the door.
The job market can be a little crazy these days, no matter what part of the country you’re in. Fortunately, there are ways to make it less crazy and to ensure that your job search among jobs in Bristol Township will result in finding just the right match for you. Try these five tips to start you in the right direction.
1. Begin by getting organized. Write down your goals and objectives: what is your ideal job, what industry, what salary? Make a plan for how you’re going to productively use your time for the foreseeable future and develop a complete list of everyone you need to contact.
2. Keep the Internet at your fingertips. Not only will this facilitate your information gathering, it will also allow you to establish an online presence at sites like Facebook and LinkedIn in order for potential employers with jobs in Bristol Township to learn about you.
3. Leave no stone unturned. Information is everywhere, even in low-tech places like the daily newspaper or a phone conversation with your brother-in-law. Remember that the smallest tidbit can eventually lead to a big job offer.
4. Have the right attitude. Being positive can do more for the success of your job search than any other single element. It helps you stay focused and pumps up your energy levels.
5. Prepare yourself thoroughly for any interviews you may have for jobs in Bristol Township. This means not only doing a lot of information gathering on the company but also making sure your people skills are up to snuff.