Jobs in Braintree Town, MA
- 56,586 Resumes
- 21,971 Jobs Available
- 37,362 Population
- $69,000 Average Salary
Braintree Town, Massachusetts, sits in Norfolk County. This town is a part of the greater Boston area and is a member of the Metropolitan Area Planning Commission’s South Shore Coalition. As you search for jobs in Braintree Town, you have to get a better understanding of the local economy. Find preliminary information about the job market, job prospects, job search, resume writing and salary statistics.
By looking at the unemployment rate in Norfolk County, which is 3.6 percent, you can tell that the overall job market is promising especially when you consider the national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. The top performing industries in the area are education and health services; professional and business services; trade, transportation and utilities; government; and leisure and hospitality. Of these five industries professional and business services has seen the most growth at 3.7 percent in the past year. The largest occupations are retail salesperson, registered nurse, cashier and general and operations manager. The average weekly salary in Norfolk County is higher than the national average. They are $1,465 and $1,048 respectively.
Your resume is a critical part of your job search. Use these tips to ensure that you build a top notch resume to help you find jobs in Braintree Town:
1. Focus on the reader by using a reader-friendly format and including pertinent information.
2. Share adequate information about your past experience by including the expert recommended 15 to 20 years.
3. Avoid discussing irrelevant information about your high school education, hobbies, old experience, skills you don’t want to use anymore and personal life.
4. Order your experience section in a way that is important to the reader: position title, company name, company city and state, dates of employment and accomplishments in a list format.
5. Try to include transferrable skills especially if you have little related experience.
Finding jobs in Braintree Town and the rest of the country is all about taking the right sort of actions. You can have the best experience, but if you don’t know where to look or how to present yourself you will not be successful. Use these tips to make your job search easier:
1. Get ready for the interview. As you start sending out resumes, you have to make sure that you are prepared for the interview. Practice answering common interview questions, figure out what you should wear, think about your nonverbal communication and even practice listening. Getting ready for the interview will give you a better chance of successfully getting a job.
2. Research. You should research potential companies, positions and industries. Doing preliminary research will help you figure out where you want to work and even what positions you want to apply for. Doing research before you even start applying to positions is important, but you should also do research before going on interviews to better prepare yourself for the interview.
3. Figure out your options. The aforementioned research will help you figure out the options that you have. Typically jobseekers can look for a similar position in the same industry, a different position in a similar industry or a different position in a different industry. Looking at the skills that you have and what you like to do will help you figure out what type of jobs in Braintree Town you should be looking for.
4. Look to the future. Many jobseekers are looking for their dream job. The problem with that is you might not have the right experience or that type of position may not be open right now. Instead of looking for your dream job, you should try to find a company that has potential for your future.
5. Wait to apply. Another issue is that many jobseekers send their application in right when they find an opportunity. Instead, you should use your network to find an inside connection. Then you can send your resume to the connection and have them give it to the hiring manager. This is one way you can ensure your resume stands out.