Jobs in Bloomfield Charter Township, MI
- 93,266 Resumes
- 21,024 Jobs Available
- 41,967 Population
- $58,000 Average Salary
Bloomfield Charter Township, MI, a township of Oakland County, is a predominantly residential community known for its scenic, rolling topography, private homes, and the beautiful lakes in the area. The township is also home to the Detroit Skating Club which has trained several world-class figure skaters and ice dancers. A noticeable demographic feature of Bloomfield Charter Township is that its median family income is significantly higher than most other places. Keep up to date on the latest unemployment and salary trends in the area so you can be successful at finding jobs in Bloomfield Charter Township.
Oakland County offers an unemployment rate relatively lower than the national average of 5.3 percent. It has fallen significantly over twelve months from 5.6 percent to 4.2 percent. The sector employing the most people is professional and business services, and the next-busiest sector is trade, transportation, and utilities. The most commonly found jobs in Bloomfield Charter Township are retail salespersons. Team assemblers are also common, being the second most commonly held occupation. Oakland County’s weekly average income of $1,067 is slightly higher than the national average of $1,048 per week.
Your resume will make or break whether you get the job you are looking for. By following these tips and strategies, you can have confidence that your resume will be a big help in landing you jobs in Bloomfield Charter Township.
1. Don’t focus on highly specific skills that will not have anything to do with the job you’re applying for. Highlight general and transferable skills. If you are not qualified enough, consider pursuing further training or internships.
2. Start in your job experience section by listing you most recently held job. From there the list should proceed in reverse chronological order.
3. All of your lists should be in bullet point format. Keep these bullet points concise and limit them to five to eight per section. This format is organized and professional and will immediately stand out above resumes with chunks of text in paragraph format.
4. Have a summary at the top of your resume where you can talk about your most outstanding qualities and personality traits and give an overview of your experience and goals. This section should be four to six lines.
5. Try to highlight unique skills and particularly highlight accomplishments. The best resumes have a section for accomplishments before the job experience section, listing at least three accomplishments in a bullet list.
As you proceed in your search for jobs in Bloomfield Charter Township, there are some common situations you’ll be facing that it would be better to be prepared for. To help you with this, we have compiled a brief list of some key strategies to employ in your job search.
1. Read professional journals as they are a resource that will give you updated knowledge and recent developments in your field. Be ready to jump into a modern day position and assess what will be required of you.
2. Job fairs are a great way to get in touch with various different employers, and you may even find a company you hadn’t discovered before. Bring your resume to these events as some companies will even interview on the spot.
3. Research any potential employer that you are considering applying to work with. Your job is a major part of your life, and you want to spend it with a company that is the right fit.
4. Make sure your resume is as polished as possible by having others read it, comparing it to other examples from the same field, and looking up the best resume-writing practices.
5. Consider personality assessments such as the Myers-Briggs personality indicator, as well as skill and aptitude assessments. These are especially useful if you don’t have a clear direction or are struggling to figure out where you want to apply yourself.