Jobs in Blaine, MN
- 50 Resumes
- 17,093 Jobs Available
- 61,190 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
Blaine, Minnesota is known for housing the world’s largest amateur sports and meeting facility. It’s a campus that expands 600 acres. It has 50 soccer fields, an ice hockey arena, a golf course and more. If you or your children are involved in sports, it is a great place to have in your home town. Blaine has a population of 60,000 residents. Know about the jobs in Blaine, so you can properly navigate the economic market.
Common jobs in Blaine, Minnesota include transportation, retail and food service jobs, transportation being the highest. The next three highest are heath and medical, sales and nursing. Now that you know about the top jobs, you need to know about the companies with the most job openings. The three companies with the most job openings right now are Home Depot, H&R Block and Taco Bell. This is great because whether you have accounting skills or no former, higher education, you can land a job in Blaine. Other respected companies that are hiring include Best Buy, Learning Care Group and Toys R. Us.
Make sure you turn in a fantastic resume with your job applications. If you aren’t sure how to write a resume, here are some tips that you need to know.
1. Begin with a professional summary. Every resume needs to begin with a professional summary. It is about 4-5 sentences that explain what you do, how long you have been doing it and what you can do for the company. The summary should be tailored to the type of job that you are applying for, so make sure you have several summaries written up.
2. After your professional summary, you need to add your skills. Your skills need to show how well you will be able to do your job. List skills that are relevant to your job. For example, don’t list computer skills for a job that won’t ever have you using a computer.
3. Use bullet points for the information that you are listing on your resume. Bullet points should be used in your skills section. They should also be used to list your previous employment, awards, certifications and any other information that you are listing on your resume.
4. Don’t make your resume more than two pages long. The only exception is for people who use publications for their resume, such as doctors and scientists.
5. List at least seven years of previous employment on your resume. If you don’t have seven years of experience, list everything you have. Make sure the employment is listed from your current or most recent and goes backward to the first.
When looking for jobs in Blaine, Minnesota, you need to be diligent. Here are some important tips you need to know when looking for a job.
1. Spend all day, every day, job searching. When looking for a job, you can’t just turn in one or two applications during the day. Looking for a job should be your full time job. Make sure you begin first thing in the morning and spend your entire day filling out and submitting job applications. Have several copies of your resume ready to turn in to business that require them.
2. Embrace social media. Social media can be your best friend when it comes to the job market. Many business will post on Facebook when they are hiring. Linkedin is also a great resource. It’s a social media site that is specifically made for job searching and networking. You can upload your resume onto Linkedin and easily submit it to hundreds of employers in your area.
3. Follow up on all your applications. When you submit applications, they can sit for a long time without being seen. When you call your potential employers to follow up on the applications, it can cause them to be seen. They’ll often pull your application or resume while you’re on the phone, and it could allow you to schedule an interview right then and there.
4. Don’t be too picky. Of course, you shouldn’t spend your life working a job you dislike. However, when looking for a new job, you should keep your options open. Even if you land a job that you don’t think you will particularly enjoy, you can continue looking for work while you are working.
5. Nail your interview. You need to make a great first impression. Put on a professional outfit, get your teeth whitened, and make sure you hair is clean and groomed. You don’t want to roll out of bed and put on jeans for an interview. How you look is important.