Jobs in Beverly, MA
- 54,225 Resumes
- 24,130 Jobs Available
- 40,952 Population
- $73,000 Average Salary
Beverly, Massachusetts is known as The Garden City. This beautiful city is located on the north shore of Massachusetts. This beautiful, coastal town is home to nearly 41,000 people. If you would love to live in a beautiful community by the water, Beverly is the place for you. Learn all about the job market in the area if you are considering a relocation.
The economy in Beverly, Massachusetts is well-above the national average. The unemployment rate in the US is 5.3%, but in Beverly, it is only 4.1%. In June of 2015 it was 4.5%, which was far below the unemployment rate in most other states. It declined to 4.1% in August of 2015 and has been holding steady ever since. You should have no trouble finding a job in Beverly.
Before you write your resume, make sure you know the best tips for a fabulous resume. Here are some general rules to follow while writing your resume.
1. Use a resume builder. Many websites, such as LiveCareer, have resume builders that you can use. You find a sample resume that is for the same type of job that you are applying for. You can build off the resume to input your own personal information and keep the formatting from the sample. This helps you ensure that your resume is written the way it should be.
2. Don’t write your resume in first person. This is a big mistake that some people make. Writing a resume in first person is unnecessary and looks unprofessional. The sentences in your resume should begin with action verbs and not pronouns.
3. Start with a summary. The summary should be the first thing on your resume. It will introduce you to the hiring manager and sum up your resume. It should begin with what you do, your years or experience, and then explain what you can do in a few sentences.
4. List about 10 skills. These skills should be relevant to the job that you are applying for. If you have impressive skills that you would never use at the job, don’t bother putting them on your resume. If you are applying for different types of jobs, make sure you write more than one resume with different skills.
5. Format your work experience properly. Another mistake people make with their resume is beginning their work history with their first job. Your work history should begin with your current or most recent job and go backwards in order.
If you want to move to the beautiful town of Beverly, you will want to find a job ahead of time. Here are some fantastic tips to aid you on your job search.
1. Utilize social media. Social media is a main outlet for businesses to promote themselves these days. Many businesses will post about job openings on several different social media outlets. Check pages for businesses in the area, connect with the managers, and find a job that you will love. Linkedin is especially useful, because it is a social media site specifically for professionals. With many businesses, you can submit your resume through the site itself.
2. Create a significant online presence. These days, it’s not enough to just have a social media account. You need to gain a following and make yourself relevant. You can do this by posting often, following other professionals, and post content that other people will like and share. Connect with professionals who have the same or similar jobs as you, and get your name out there.
3. Use job search web sites. There are many different sites dedicated to job searching. You can create your professional profile and upload your resume onto the site. Many of the sites will allow you to apply for jobs with a simple click of a button. You can also allow employers to view your profile, so they can request you for an interview even if you didn’t apply for a job with them.
4. Contact family and friends. If you know people in the area, talk to them about job openings. Many businesses will hire people that they know or people who have someone to vouch for them before hiring a stranger off of the street. If you have a friend or family member who will put in a good word for you, you have a better chance of landing the job you want.
5. Turn in a fantastic resume. Your resume is what will get you hired, so spend a lot of time on it and make sure it stands out above the rest. Have a professional look over your resume if you aren’t confident in your ability to make one.