Jobs in Berwyn Township, IL
- 114,014 Resumes
- 43,595 Jobs Available
- 56,693 Population
- $68,000 Average Salary
A part of Cook County, Berwyn Township, IL is a suburb of the Chicago area. Home to roughly 57,000 people, the city is a popular residential area for commuters. If you are looking for jobs in Berwyn Township, IL, it will help you to understand the area’s current job market, its prospects and what you can expect to earn for an average salary in your field. The following guide will provide you with the information you need.
In October 2015, Cook County had an unemployment rate of 5.3 percent, down from 6.4 percent in October 2014. The current rate is on track with the national average, which is also 5.3 percent. Transportation and utilities is the most popular industry in Berwyn Township. Professional and business services and education and health services round out the top three, with education and health gaining a little more than 2 percent in popularity since October 2014. The government and leisure industries round out Berwyn Township’s top five. In contrast, the most common occupations in the city are retail salespersons, laborers and general office clerks. Workers in the Chicago Metropolitan Area typically bring home about $1,201 per week, which is more than the nation’s average of $1,048.
Even if you follow all the tips above, you might have trouble if you don’t have a professional resume. Use the following guidelines to help you create a resume that stands out from the rest.
1. Do keep your contact information concise. Stick to your city and state, one phone number, one email address and, if you have one, a website.
2. Don’t include irrelevant information. Unless it is your only education or experience, you can omit summer jobs you held in college and leave out your high school education.
3. Do use quantifiable metrics when possible. Instead of simply mentioning you improved employee performance, explain by how much the performance improved.
4. Don’t leave out important information. For example, always include the dates worked and the location of your previous experience.
5. Don’t label your experience section with something that implies employment only. A broader term lets you include other relevant positions you held, such as an apprenticeship or volunteer work.
You need to have a plan that keeps you on your toes if you’re looking for jobs in Berwyn Township or in any other city in the United States. Use these guidelines to help you during your job search.
1. Follow up on every job lead. This includes following up a few days after you’ve sent a resume in and calling your interviewer to thank him or her and check on the status of the job.
2. Attend local job fairs. Most cities will at least have job fairs with a broad range of industries represented. In some cases, you might even be able to find a job fair that caters to your specific industry.
3. Use other resources. Visit your local branch of the American Job Center and research business you’d be interested in working for. You could also check your local library for career resources.
4. Read professional journals related to your field. Keeping up to date on trends in the industry will help to impress any hiring manager who interviews you.
5. Spruce up your old resume. Update the contact information, if necessary, ensure all of your certifications are up to date and add any experience or accomplishments you don’t already have listed.