Jobs in Bernards Township, NJ
- 87,451 Resumes
- 21,923 Jobs Available
- 26,857 Population
- $65,000 Average Salary
Bernards Township is a historic city located in Somerset County. It is about an hour west of New York city and continues to grow in population. It is the headquarters for many national companies, including Verizon wireless, Avaya and Barnes and Noble. You will want to know more about the Bernards Township’s job market, including job prospects and average salaries, if you are looking for a job in the city. Read more for insights into its economic outlook that will help you in your search for jobs in Bernards Township.
Bernards Township’s economy continues to strengthen. Its employment rate dropped in 2015 from 4.8% to 4%, well below the national unemployment rate, which is 5.3%. The top performing industries in the city are trade, transportation and utility, professional and business services and government, closely followed by health and education services. The mining, logging and construction division saw the biggest growth in 2015, at almost 10%. The largest occupations in the area are retail salespersons, cashiers, and janitors and cleaners. The weekly wages in Somerset County are $2080, while the national weekly pay is $1,048.
A great resume is a key element to your search for jobs in Bernards Township, as is the case anywhere in the US. There are certain rules that should be observed while creating a resume for a job in any industry, for someone with any amount of experience. Here are some resume tips to help you create a stand-out resume.
1. Make your resume free of all errors and lies. Have someone else look over your resume, if possible, to catch any mistakes you may have missed.
2. Hold a potential employer’s attention with your resume by making it easy to read, always format to the left, use bulleted lists where appropriate and a mix of bold, italic and standard font.
3. Tailor your resume to the job you want. Research the job you would like and tailor your resume to include specific skills that are desired for that position. If you are thinking of pursuing more than one potential job, make multiple versions of your resume.
4. Keep your resume concise. Detail your qualifications using clear yet brief descriptions of your accomplishments and experience.
5. Don’t forget about transferrable skills. Many times, abilities are valued in several industries and positions. Effective communication and time management are examples of personal skills that are relevant to many jobs.
While the economy in Bernards Township is thriving, just like in any city, looking for and finding jobs in Bernards Township can be made significantly easier by take specific actions in your job-hunt. Here are some tips to help you in your search.
1. Step up your networking game. Begin by reaching out to the people you already know. Start conversations with people to make new contacts. Ask questions and listen to the answers. Follow up with any resources or job leads you may find.
2. Use social media. Social media can be a great resource for anyone looking for jobs in Bernards Township. Brand yourself on your LinkedIn profile, create a professional portfolio and build industry connections.
3. Look for alternatives places to find job leads. The internet is a great resource for your search, but don’t let it be your only one. Attend job fairs and look for industry events and organizations for even more opportunities.
4. Keep an open mind when it comes to similar jobs and positions. Entrepreneurial opportunities may also be a great way to grow your business contacts and gain experience in an industry.
5. Follow-up and be persistent. Demonstrate that you’re a proactive worker by checking back in with potential employers and utilizing resources that are offered.