Jobs in Bergenfield, NJ
- 88,092 Resumes
- 62,277 Jobs Available
- 27,406 Population
- $79,000 Average Salary
Bergenfield, New Jersey, was ranked by NeighborhoodScout as the safest city with over 25,000 residents in the United States in 2012. Bergenfield sits in Bergen County and is a part of the greater New York City area. As you search for jobs in Bergenfield, you have to gather information related to the job market, job search and average salaries. All of this data will give you an idea of what to expect during the job search.
The average unemployment rate in the United States is 5.3 percent, which is higher than the average unemployment rate in Bergen County of 4.2 percent. This difference shows that the job market in Bergenfield is promising even though there may still be some challenges. The top performing industries in the greater New York City area are education and health services; trade, transportation and utilities; professional and business services; government; and leisure and hospitality. Out of these five industry sectors, education and health services has grown the most in the past year at 3.4 percent. The largest occupations include retail salesperson, office clerk, janitor and cashier. The average weekly salary in Bergen County is much higher than the average weekly salary in the United States. They are $1,601 and $1,048 respectively.
One of the most important documents you will creating during your search is the resume. This is your calling card and shows hiring managers the skills and experience you have. You need to create a document that is error-free and professional-looking. Use these tips to figure out the best resume strategies:
1. Many hiring managers are short on time, so you need to offer relevant information in a concise way. This can mean including a summary section, using bullet points and avoiding any irrelevant information.
2. Include specific, position-related skills and transferrable skills. This will show what you can do in the position now and in the future.
3. Show the employer what you have done in the past that you can do again to help their company. This means you should discuss your past experience in terms of accomplishments rather than duties.
4. Review the job description, so you can include important keywords in your resume. This will make you pop as a candidate.
5. Consider making a resume in multiple formats, so that you can share it with ease as a printed version, through email or online.
Finding jobs in Bergenfield and the rest of the country can be challenging if you don’t know what to do. You have to take the right sort of actions in order to be successful. Consider these tips as you look for job opportunities:
1. Explore your options. In order to better understand what your options are, you have to do some research. Conduct informational interviews, research potential employers and consider your skills. This type of research will help you figure out where your skills will be useful and in what companies you will like to work.
2. Use social media. Many employers turn to social media as a place to find and vet potential employees. You should remove any controversial pictures or posts from your pages. Instead, share professional articles, tidbits and experience.
3. Work with people in your network. There is no shame in working with people in your network as you look for jobs in Bergenfield. You will be able to gather a lot of information and insight from them. As you work with people in your network, make sure that you are polite. You can also try expanding your network during this time.
4. Get creative with your search. Not all companies are advertising their openings as much as they used to. This means you may have to get creative with where you look. Consider checking out job banks, job fairs, newspapers and online sites.
5. Remain persistent. Many jobseekers find that it takes a long time to find a job in this market. It can be hard to stay determined throughout a prolonged search. Set daily and weekly goals for yourself to help remain positive and persistent.