Jobs in Bensalem Township, PA
- 110,646 Resumes
- 22,814 Jobs Available
- 60,420 Population
- $62,000 Average Salary
The original home for the Kentucky Derby, the site for several notable films and home to one of the country’s first shopping malls and the reputed site of Benjamin Franklin’s historical kite-flying experiment, Bensalem is a rather remarkable town. The area is also home to the headquarters of several companies, such as Ibanez guitars and Tama drums, alongside other Fortune 500 companies. Despite the many attractive aspects of this town, taking a look into the local job market, average salaries and employment prospects should be at the top of anyone’s list who is searching for a job in the area. The following will help you on your way to understanding the ins and outs of finding a position.
Because it is located nearby the state capital and metropolitan area of Philadelphia, the availability of jobs in Bensalem Township, PA fluctuates year in and year out. In 2015, the unemployment rate in this town stood at 5.8%, a great deal more than the national average of 5.3%. Despite this fact, there is a wide variety to be found in the types of jobs available. Education and health services is the leading industry, providing residents with over 275,000 jobs (a number which has remained more or less steady), closely followed by trade and transportation/utilities (which has dropped significantly in employees between 2014 and 2015), government jobs, professional and business services and leisure and hospitality respectively. With 63,020 employees, retail salespersons make up the bulk of the work force in this area, along with cashiers, registered nurses and office clerks. While the unemployment rate is significantly higher than that of the US average, jobs in Bensalem Township also have a slightly higher pay rate than the national average.
Regardless of your experience, desired position or industry or aspirations regarding potential employment, your resume is the doorway to any jobs in Bensalem Township, PA. A well-polished resume can mean the difference between standing out or being simply standard. Here are some tips on how you can bring your resume beyond satisfactory limits:
1. Mix it up by using a different format. Because standard Microsoft Word resume formats are easy to use, employers receive dozens of them each week. Changing the formula could help yours to stand out of the crowd.
2. Ensure that grammar is concise and correct. Sloppy work indicates a sloppy employee.
3. Try to keep your resume at a maximum of two full pages, though a single page is preferable.
4. Position your text flush left. This will prevent any odd gaps and create an orderly document.
5. Do not “pad” your resume with false information. Doing so could result in termination down the line.
While job hunting can be stressful in any city, finding jobs Bensalem Township, PA can become much easier if you only keep a few things in mind and take the correct actions for a successful outcome.
1. Putting yourself out there via networking (both through social media and on a face-to-face basis) can help you open up many new opportunities in unexpected places.
2. Plan out your search. If money is an immediate issue, check in on available unemployment benefits prior to your search to ensure your security.
3. Have a carefully-written and concise resume which emphasizes your experience and skills.
4. Search everywhere for jobs. Oftentimes, local resources such as a public library or government buildings may have a job board for potential employers to post job openings.
5. Take the initiative to attend job fairs and the like.