Jobs in Bellevue, WA
- 78,495 Resumes
- 29,139 Jobs Available
- 136,426 Population
- $62,000 Average Salary
Known as the "Gateway to Puget Sound", the city of Bellevue is set just 5 miles east of Seattle across Lake Washington. The city has more than 100 tasting rooms as well as incredible shopping venues and amazing restaurants. It is also an entryway to natural recreation areas east of Bellevue. The city has a number of job opportunities in several employment categories. The following details will provide you with information needed to mount an effective job search in Bellevue.
Bellevue has an unemployment rate of just 2.9% as of April 2015, well below the national average of 5.5% for the same time period. Some of the most in demand jobs are in the fields of retail sales, software development, food preparation, registered nursing and laborers and freight handlers.Five of the most in demand positions with the most percentage of growth in Bellevue include:1. Gaming Managers2. Education Administrators3. Funeral Service Managers4. Legislators5. Food Service Managers
When you are trying to find a job in Bellevue or any other city, there are certain things you can do to help get you noticed and get the interview you need. Here are five tips to help you experience a more effective job search.
1. Develop your Networking Skills. You are more likely to get noticed when you spread the word that you are looking for a job. Use job boards, employment associations and social networks to tell others about the position you are looking for. Also, tell everyone you know about what you are looking for. They may know someone who knows someone.
2. Sharpen your Skills. Employers are impressed when they see someone trying to improve themselves.
3. Have a Plan of Attack. Don't just leave your job search to chance. Have a plan of what you want to accomplish.
4. No Cherry Picking. Don't just hand your resume to a few companies that you want to work for. Get your resume out to lots of companies. You never know, but a better job than what you had planned may come along.
5. Be Ready. Once you get the interview, be ready to give the employer the best interview you can.
With a well-prepared resume, you can help your job search and get noticed no matter what the employment outlook may be like in Bellevue or any other city. A well written resume can also help you to overcome any deficiencies in education or work experience and help you get your resume moved to the top of the pile. By spending some time to create the best resume possible and adding some very simple tips to your job search, you can all but assure yourself of getting your resume noticed by those who make the hiring decisions. Here are five tips to creating a very effective resume:
1. Who you gonna call?Many job seekers sabotage their own job search by turning in a resume that includes no way for the hiring manager to contact them. when you prepare your resume, make sure that the employer can find your most current phone number and email address. Placing it at the top of the resume makes it easy for them to identify.
2. List your Achievements. The employer is going to be looking for what makes you special. Why they should hire you over all the other candidates.
3. 20 second rule. List your most important details in the top half of the resume. If the employer can't find something about you in the first 20 seconds that makes you a potential candidate, they are more than likely to move on to another resume.
4. Get to the Point. Create a resume that addresses the exact position that the company is interviewing for. Do not give them a general outline that doesn't tell the employer how you can help them with the position they have available.
5. Make it Simple. The employer doesn't have time to read a book. Make your resume brief and easy to read. If it is packed with information and too cumbersome to read, they will move on to someone else.