Jobs in Beavercreek, OH
- 755,838 Resumes
- 9,747 Jobs Available
- 45,934 Population
- $60,000 Average Salary
Beavercreek, Ohio is the second largest suburb of Dayton and located in Greene county. It is known for its two amazing golf courses and the nearby Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. When you are looking for jobs in Beavercreek, Ohio, your main concerns will likely be the unemployment rates, top occupations and the overall job market. Learn more about these now.
Beavercreek has the highest average weekly wages in the tri-county area at $979. This is a little lower than the national average at $1,048. However, the unemployment rate in the area is at 3.8%, which is much lower than the 5.3% national average and an important point when looking for jobs in Beavercreek, Ohio. The top five industries for jobs in Beavercreek are education and health services, trade, transportation and utilities, government, professional and business services, and manufacturing. The top occupations are food preparation and service workers, retail salespersons, registered nurses, cashiers, and waiters and waitresses.
Your resume is key to finding jobs in Beavercreek, Ohio. It needs to be professional, and you want it to really showcase your strengths. Before you set out on your job search, you need to get your resume in good shape with the following tips.
1. If you need to create a new resume, consider using a resume building tool. These tools help you to organize your resume and ensure that you have included all the important information.
2. Make your resume easy to read by using bullets whenever possible. Bullets create lists that are easy to skim and make your resume stand out.
3. Make sure your resume is focused. You want the person reading it to easily be able to figure out where your strengths lie.
4. Use action verbs. Remember that you aren’t the only person looking for jobs in Beavercreek, Ohio. Hiring managers are reading many resumes, so make yours stand out by using action verbs that are just more interesting to read.
5. Don’t include your high school education unless it is your only education. If you have attended college, then it is obvious that you have completed high school.
Looking for jobs can be tough no matter where you are. Things are no different when you are looking for jobs in Beavercreek, Ohio. To help make things easier, here are some job hunting tips.
1. Get help from a local job service. These places often offer lists of job openings in your area, and they can offer many services to help you prepare for interviews and fill out applications.
2. Consult with your network. Spread the word that you are hunting for jobs in Beavercreek, Ohio. Getting the word out will help you to get some job leads and possibly get your name in front of hiring managers.
3. Maintain a positive attitude. It can be easy to get down if you keep coming up empty handed, but staying positive will go a long ways towards making your job hunt easier. Make sure you keep applying to jobs and hunting down new leads so you can get your name out there and be more likely to find the right job.
4. Keep checking in with potential employers. Once you submit a resume or application, you want to keep checking back on it. Don’t stop until you are told the position has been filled.
5. Keep an open mind. Consider applying for jobs outside your chosen industry where your skills are still applicable. You may find a different career path that works for you.