Jobs in Beaumont, TX
- 304,621 Resumes
- 2,749 Jobs Available
- 117,585 Population
- $65,000 Average Salary
Beaumont, TX is known for the initial Spindletop Hill oil gusher that started the “Texas Oil Boom.” This part of Beaumont’s history is remembered today at the Spindletop-Gladys City Boomtown Museum and Lucas Gusher Monument. Beaumont is also the home of the national Carnegie Doctoral Research, Lamar University. Beaumont temps average between 85 to 95 degrees in summer and 60 to 80 degrees during the winter months. Beaumont offers a variety of outdoor activities (fishing, hunting, camping, hiking, biking, and water sports). The downtown Beaumont Crockett Street Entertainment Complex offers dining and music/entertainment. It also hosts botanical gardens, golf courses, festivals, concerts/symphonies, theatre, rodeos, and ballet.It is important to be familiar with the local job market, job prospects, and average salaries when looking for employment in Beaumont, TX. Full-time and part-time work may be found at the city/county offices, local school district and university, healthcare facilities, and the Port of Beaumont.
The Beaumont area is included in the Beaumont-Port Arthur Metropolitan Statistical Area and Jefferson, Hardin, and Orange Counties. It has a Sep 2015 unemployment rate of 6.4 percent. This is down from 7.4 percent in Sep 2014 and below the 5.2 percent national average. However, it remains higher than the overall 4.2 percent state average (US Bureau of Labor Statistics).Beaumont employment has been concentrated in sales and related, office and administrative support, and food preparation and serving related sectors. As of May 2014, occupations employing the most workers in the Beaumont area were: 1.Retail salespersons2.Office clerks (general)3.Combined food preparation and serving (including fast food)4.Cashiers5.Secretaries and administrative assistants (excluding legal, medical, and executive)The top performing industries in the Beaumont area (per percent of total employment), include:1.Office and administrative support occupations (14.0 percent)2.Sales and related occupations (10.9 percent) 3.Production occupations (10.6 percent)4.Food preparation and serving related occupations (8.8 percent) 5.Construction and extraction occupations (8.8 percent)Beaumont employment was significantly higher (May 2014) in production, construction and extraction, and installation, maintenance, and repair sectors. Conversely, Beaumont business and financial operations, office and administrative support, and computer and mathematical sectors are significantly lower than the national employment sector averages. In addition to The City of Beaumont, Jefferson County, Lamar University, and the Beaumont Independent School District, the largest employers in the Beaumont, TX area, include ExxonMobil Corp. (refinery), ENGlobal Corp.(energy engineering), Christus St. Elizabeth Hospital and Memorial Herman Baptist Hospital, Conn’s Appliances, Inc., (appliances, electronics, etc.) and WalMart (retailer).
Before you will be invited to a job interview, you must submit your resume to the employer (either alone or attached to a formal job application). Your resume serves as:
1. A basis for interview,
2. As a post-interview reference, and
3. Justifies the hiring decision. A well-written resume helps secure an interview. Effective resumes must include:A. Basic criteria which:
• is focused
• is neat and clean in appearance/format
• includes a keyword summary
• includes a skills and accomplishments list. B. All resumes must contain your:
• Contact information (phone, cell, email)
• Qualifications and Keyword Summary, Licenses and Certifications, Affiliations and Memberships, Military Service, Language Proficiencies, and “References Available Upon Request. ”C. List all entries chronologically (from most recent to least recent). D. Do not lie or embellish the facts. E. Check for typos, misspelled words, and formatting. F. DO NOT INCLUDE: Your photo, personal information (i. e. : height/weight, age, date/place of birth, marital status, gender, race), or social security number.
Doing a Beaumont job search can be made easier by following some basic tips:
• Keep your skills and knowledge of your industry in the Beaumont area current – Attend skills re-training, read industry and professional reports and journals, browse online job banks (who is hiring; open positions).
• Network through Linkedin, Facebook, professional and community associations, job-hunt groups, and job fairs in the Beaumont area provide connections and company and job opportunity information.
• Keywords should be included to link viewers to your resume, blog, Facebook/Linkedin profile, etc. Search companies and jobs online. Distribute your resume through Twitter.
• ALL available job search tools and resources should be utilized. Go beyond job boards. Remember that recruiters check social media sites (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) for perspective candidates. Keep your network information/resume current.
• Plan – Organize - Pursue leads - Practice interviewing.
• Keep your resume and (professional and personal) reference lists current.