Jobs in Bayonne, NJ
- 76,389 Resumes
- 118,675 Jobs Available
- 65,975 Population
- $78,000 Average Salary
Bayonne, New Jersey, sits on a peninsula between Newark Bay, Kill Van Kull Strait and New York Bay. It is in Hudson County and shares a land border with Jersey City. However, if you’re looking for jobs in Bayonne, you really need to get more information related to your search. Find out some job market and salary information and get a few tips to make your job search easier.
Jobs in Bayonne, like the rest of the country, are a little hard to come by. The unemployment rate in Hudson County is 5.9 percent while it is 5.3 percent as an average throughout the country. That being said, the top performing industries are mining, logging and construction; education and health services; leisure and hospitality; financial activities; professional and business services; and trade, transportation and utilities. Their growth over the past year ranges from 0.9 percent to 3.4 percent. Retail salesperson is the largest occupation in the area and in the entire nation. The average weekly salary in Hudson County is $1,601, while in the country it is $1,048.
One way you can ensure success as you search for jobs in Bayonne is by polishing your resume. Follow these tips to make sure you include the best information on your resume:
1. Include a website, the city and state you live in, a phone number and an email address as contact information.
2. Concisely summarize your experience, skills and personality traits in a summary section towards the top of your document.
3. Discuss your accomplishments throughout your experience section in order to make it more than a job description.
4. List your education information in order of importance to the employer: name of degree in major, university name, city and state of the university, year of graduation, minor and possibly GPA.
5. Avoid including unnecessary information, such as your hobbies, family information, political views, religious affiliations or controversial information.
Finding jobs in Bayonne isn’t always easy, but when you take the right actions it can be much easier. Use these tips to help you make the right decisions throughout your job search:
1. Rely on your network. Talk to the people that you know in order to hear about more job opportunities. Use your network to get in touch with hiring managers, learn about certain career fields and practice your interview skills.
2. Rely on the internet. Many companies post their job openings on their own website and on online job posting sites. You can also use social media to get connected with potential employers. Using the internet will help you become aware of a wide variety of opportunities, while making it easy to get in touch with employers.
3. Pound the pavement. While you do want to use the internet, you should not underestimate the power of going to companies in person. This will help the employer put a face to a name, and it will show that you are really interested in the position.
4. Set daily or weekly goals. Because the job search can take a while, it is easy to get discouraged. Ward off discouragement by setting goals that you can achieve while you look for jobs. These goals can include contacting a certain number of potential employers in a day or applying to so many jobs each week.
5. Stay persistent. Be persistent in your communication with hiring managers until you get a definitive answer. Persistently check job postings, go to job fairs and talk with your network.