Jobs in Bay City, MI
- 90,944 Resumes
- 1,512 Jobs Available
- 34,149 Population
- $64,000 Average Salary
Located in Bay County and with a population of nearly 35,000 is the beautiful area of Bay City, Michigan. This city is part of the Tri-Cities, and it is sometimes called the “Great Lakes Bay.” There are many natural beauties in this city, including Saginaw Bay on Lake Huron. If you are looking for jobs in Bay City, then the following details about the economy, prospective jobs, and salaries will be particularly helpful to you throughout your search.
Bay City is close to the major city of Lansing, and this area has experienced positive strides in their economy throughout the last year. During 2014 and 2014, the unemployment rate fell from 4.3 percent to 3.3 percent. This number is well below the national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. According to 2015 data from the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, the top performing sectors in Lansing include government, trade, transportation, and utilities, education and health services, professional and business services, and manufacturing. The largest occupations in the Bay City area include retail salespersons, food preparation and serving workers, cashiers, registered nurses, and waiters and waitresses. Lansing’s average weekly wage was $856, which is lower than the United States average weekly wage of $1048.
In order to find jobs in Bay City, you need an appealing resume that attracts the attention of today’s hiring managers. Your resume should describe your qualifications and skills. To help you create the best resume, use the following tips.
1. Good resumes are easy to read and scan. Choose a clean and professional looking template, and make sure to divide your resume into sections. Also, include bullet points and lists to enhance readability.
2. Include a section at the top of your resume that highlights your main skills and accomplishments. This makes it easier for a hiring manager to understand your qualifications and choose you for an interview.
3. There is no need to worry about limiting your resume to one page. If you need more space to include your experience, then two page resumes are acceptable. Doctors and academics often have longer resumes.
4. Your contact information, including city, state, phone, and email, should be included at the top of the resume. This way a prospective employer knows how to get a hold of you.
5. Avoid statements in your resume like “duties included. ” This type of language is better for a job description, and the text of a resume should be more action-oriented.
If you are looking for jobs in Bay City, then it is important to develop your job seeking skills. With the right skills and hard work, it is often easier to find a job. To help you find success during your search, follow these helpful tips.
1. Network in person and online. This is a very effective way to find a job. You should talk to friends, family, and previous co-workers about potential jobs. In addition, take advantage of social media sites like LinkedIn to connect with people and discover new jobs.
2. Maintain a positive attitude. Looking for a job can seem discouraging, and it is important to remember that you are not the only person unemployed. With a positive attitude and the right motivation, you will present a better impression during networking opportunities and interviews.
3. Follow up regularly. Regular follow up is a great way to communicate your interest in a job, and it keeps you on the mind of a prospective employer. You can follow up about a potential job until you receive a definitive “no. ”
4. Plan for success. Prepare a schedule to help you find a job and stay busy during your downtime.
5. Understand your options. You most likely qualify for jobs in the same industry you previously worked in. However, there may be opportunities in a different field.