Jobs in Battle Creek, MI
- 92,860 Resumes
- 6,979 Jobs Available
- 51,833 Population
- $59,000 Average Salary
Home to the cereal conglomerate Kellogg, Battle Creek Michigan is a major city in the Kalamazoo area. It boasts a population of nearly 52,347, and it is one of the main economic centers of Southern Michigan. Despite its reputation for being the cereal capital of the world, you are probably more interested in career prospects and the local job climate. You will find the information below to be exceptionally helpful if you plan on looking for jobs in Battle Creek and the surrounding area.
With a remarkably low unemployment rate of 3.9%, the Kalamazoo area is ripe with career opportunities – the national unemployment rate is 5.3%. The production, office and administrative, sales, food service, and healthcare industries employed the most workers in the area. The most common types of workers in Battle Creek area are team assemblers, retail salespersons, and food service workers, and the area is one of the few parts of the country where manufacturing and assembly is the leading industry. The average weekly salary for the area is $927, which is slightly lower than the national average of $1,048.
One of the fastest ways to find jobs in Battle Creek, or anywhere else for that matter, is to submit a wonderfully-written resume. Regardless of the industry you work in, a good resume can go a long way. Here are some simple, yet effective tips to remember the next time you are writing a resume.
1. Including a career summary section can greatly improve your chances of getting noticed. This section provides jobseekers with the opportunity to explain why they should be hired. A well-written summary will essentially serve as an overview of your professional background.
2. No one wants to hire a dishonest employee, and lying is one of the easiest ways to ensure that you don’t get the job. Most employers will perform a routine background check, so it is best to avoid gross exaggerations and untruths.
3. Staying focused will help keep your resume organized and concise. Bombarding hiring managers with unnecessary or irrelevant information can actually decrease your chances of getting hired and distract from more important information.
4. It is not necessary to list references on your resume, and the vast majority of employers will ask for them during the interview process.
5. Never include the reason you left your previous job. If a potential employer does not understand or agree with your reasoning, you may not be given an interview at all. Only provide this information if you are required to.
Your ability to find a job in Battle Creek, as in any other part of the country, will be greatly impacted by the type of actions that you take during your job search. With proper preparation, you will be ready to face the local job market head on. Here are some tips for finding jobs in Battle Creek.
1. No one should embark on a job search without a concrete and cohesive plan. By understanding your own professional desires, and developing a strategy, you can drastically improve your chances of finding the job you want.
2. During a period of unemployment, you will be faced with a relatively large amount of spare time. You can use this time to research the job market or take career training courses. Using your time in this manner will help you find a job faster.
3. Oftentimes, people in your social setting may have knowledge of open positions that have not yet been posted online. Talk to your friends, family members, and neighbors about potential job opportunities.
4. Having a well-written resume can help get your foot in the door with most employers. A resume is your first chance to show off, and you should never submit one that you aren’t proud of.
5. After finding themselves unemployed, many people consider the option of self-employment. This may sound like a scary option to many jobseekers, but it can be a great alternative for many people. Make a list of your professional strengths and abilities, and decide whether or not you can offer products or services on your own.