Jobs in Bartlett, TN
- 66,053 Resumes
- 20,219 Jobs Available
- 58,264 Population
- $52,000 Average Salary
Bartlett, Tennessee, sits in Shelby County as part of the Memphis metropolitan area. The city was officially incorporated on November 1, 1866. While this information is interesting, it will not help you find jobs in Bartlett. Instead, you should learn more about the job market, career advice and salary data in the area.
Even though the job market in Shelby County has improved, it is still a tough market. The unemployment rate had been 7.5 percent, but has gone down to 6.4 percent, which is still higher than the national average of 5.3 percent. The top five performing industries in the area are financial activities; mining, logging and construction; trade, transportation and utilities; education and health services; and leisure and hospitality. These industries have grown an average of 2.7 percent over the past year. The largest occupations in Bartlett are hand laborers, retail salespersons and cashiers. As you look for jobs in Bartlett, you also have to be aware the national average weekly salary is $1,048 while in Bartlett it is only $935.
Your resume is an integral part of your job search. Use these tips to create a document that will help you successfully get a job:
1. Always focus on the employer as you create a resume, which means you should only include information that is important to them.
2. Make the document readable by making smart formatting choices, such as using bullet points and keeping the text flushed to the left.
3. Avoid making your experience sound like a job description by using accomplishments and metrics.
4. Keep your resume professional by not discussing your hobbies, family, physical appearance, religious views or political ideas.
5. Let the hiring manager know how they can get ahold of you by including your name, the city and state you live in, a web address, an email address and a phone number.
Finding jobs in Bartlett is really no different than in the rest of the nation. You have to take the right actions in order to make the entire process easier. Try using these tips to help with your job search:
1. Don’t get stuck on one idea. As you switch jobs, it can be easy to think of one, specific position that you want to do. However, in a tough market you have to look at a wider range of positions in order to be successful. Think about the skills you have, and consider how they can translate into other positions in different industries.
2. Look everywhere. Just as you should be looking for many different kinds of opportunities, you have to make sure to look for these opportunities in a variety of locations. You can talk to people in your network, look at online job posting sites, read the newspaper, go to job fairs and work with career centers to find a lot of job possibilities.
3. Think about your appearance. The way you dress, how you design your resume and even what you share on your social media can all affect your overall appearance. Try to promote yourself in a professional way in every aspect of your life as you search for jobs in Bartlett.
4. Make a plan. Figuring out an organizational plan can help your search go smoothly. Coming up with daily and weekly goals can help you keep a sense of accomplishment. In short, a plan can help almost every aspect of your search go well.
5. Try to communicate well. Whether you are sending an email, calling a hiring manager or talking with someone in person, you have to make sure that you are communicating well.