Jobs in Bartlesville, OK
- 78 Resumes
- 1,120 Jobs Available
- 36,498 Population
- $59,000 Average Salary
Located in Washington County, Bartlesville, Oklahoma is the primary city of the Bartlesville micropolitan area and is 47 miles north of Tulsa as well as 18 miles from the state’s northern border with Kansas. According to the 2010 U.S. Census, Bartlesville has a population of about 26,193 residents. Get some clues about the area’s economic outlook, including salary information and job possibilities, to help discover employment opportunities in Bartlesville.
Between 2014 and 2015, the unemployment rate in the Tulsa area rose from 4 percent to 4.3 percent. Despite the increase, this is still lower than the average national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. According to 2015 data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the trade, transportation, and utilities sector employs the largest number of people in the Tulsa area. The next highest area of employment is the education and health services sector, followed by the government sector. The largest occupations in the Tulsa area are led by retail salespersons, followed by customer service representatives. The average weekly wage in the Tulsa area is $868, which is less than the average weekly wage in the United States at $1,048.
When it comes to finding jobs in Bartlesville, your resume is your personal calling card. Use the following advice to make it get noticed.
1. Do not forget to include your contact information at the top of your resume. List your city, state, one phone number, and one email address. You can leave off your street address due to privacy and identity theft concerns.
2. Write a strong summary to sell yourself to a prospective employer. Write two to four sentences that give an overview of your experience, state your strongest skills, and relevant personality traits that would make you an attractive candidate.
3. If you are a college student or a recent university graduate with no work experience, consider using a chronological/hybrid combination resume with the following sections in this order: Summary, Skills, Highlights, Awards/Accomplishments, Education, and Experience.
4. Use bullet points to describe each position you have held, rather than paragraphs. List at least five bullet points for each job, but don’t go past eight. Note what the job entailed, any hard skills learned, and any accomplishments or achievements met.
5. Make sure to use a font size that is legible. Never use a size below 10pt. Also, be sure to provide spacing between sections to help make the resume easier to read.
Finding jobs in Bartlesville takes a combination of using job-seeking tips and having a positive attitude. The following advice can help you land your next position in the current job market.
1. Do not just submit a resume and forget about it. Keep in touch with the hiring manager or the recruiter, within reason, until you are given “no” for an answer.
2. Use all available resources, both digital and traditional. Seek out jobs at in-person job fairs and online job search websites. If you need advice, visit your local public library or job search support group.
3. If you are unsure about your career goals, take assessment tests to help discover your career interests, values, and skills. Research your career options and consider setting up informational interviews to learn more about possible jobs and companies.
4. Networking is crucial. Contact everyone you know, including all your friends, family, neighbors, former colleagues and school classmates. Go to social media websites such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook to let people in your social networks know that you are looking for a job.
5. Keep in touch with trusted friends and family to talk about your concerns and feelings on a daily basis during your job search. You’ll need the moral support to stay positive. Also, keep your stress levels low by keeping up with your favorite activities.