Jobs in Barberton, OH
- 108,815 Resumes
- 10,436 Jobs Available
- 26,302 Population
- $52,000 Average Salary
Barberton is a suburban city in Summit County, Ohio. It’s 40 miles south of Cleveland and nine miles southwest of Akron. During the industrial revolution, it became known as the Magic City, and its rate of progression continues today. Jobs in Barberton are available in an array of industries, and residents enjoy easy access to Cuyahoga Valley National park and all the amenities of urban Ohio. Here’s the economic outlook for potential residents who are currently in the job market.
The largest percentage of jobs in Barberton comes from retail and food service. Additionally, the Barberton Community Development Corporation and the Southern Summit County Improvement Corporation have been providing dedicated financing options to attract new business. The town is becoming well known for industry and technology and is a major research hub for Babcock and Wilcox as well as a handful of smaller companies. The Akron unemployment rate currently sits at 4.8 percent, which is lower than the national rate of 5.3. The average weekly income for residents is $854, which is slightly below the national figure of $1,048.
Take some time and use good judgment with your resume. This is your key sales tactic. Here are some useful tips on style content and format.
1. Never lie. This is obvious, but it’s easy to over-exaggerate when you really want the job. Just keep in mind that you’ll have to own up to everything on your resume once you’re actually on the job.
2. Use a template for the legwork. You can certainly create your own resume from scratch, but a template is a good jump-off point. Look online for one that works for your industry and occupation.
3. Use achievement-focused language. Instead of using phrases like “duties included,” show some gumption with a few good action verbs. Also, avoid unnecessary personal pronouns like “I” and “my. ”
4. Leave out the objective statement. This element is really only effective for those who are changing careers. Most applicants don’t need to take up space with an explanation of why they are applying. However, this may be something you will be asked in an interview.
5. Keep it reverse chronological. Unless you have something you really need to highlight, start with your most recent job. If you’ve been out of school for a while, keep your education below your employment section.
Research is a big part of any job search. Before you apply for any jobs in Barberton, take some time to evaluate your goals, skills and background. Here are helpful tips to consider.
1. Have a plan. Even if you’re staying in the same profession, know what type of role you’re looking for. If you’re more interested in a specific company, research the openings for jobs in Barberton to find out where your skills will most appropriately transfer.
2. Track your progress. Considering keeping a notepad on hand, or use your phone. Document the process for each application, including submission date, the resume copy you used and any conversations you had.
3. Rehearse an interview. This is helpful for people who have not been on the spot in while. After analyzing the job description, try to come up with some possible questions. Then, rehearse your answer aloud in front of someone.
4. Network. This is huge. You’ve got to get yourself out there if you want to be noticed. Attend career fairs, industry events and community gatherings. Try to connect with professionals online and in person.
5. Consider the one-week rule. If it’s been a week and you haven’t heard back, it’s ok to follow up with a polite email or phone call.