Jobs in Baldwin Park, CA
- 124 Resumes
- 45,008 Jobs Available
- 77,119 Population
- $59,000 Average Salary
Located in the Los Angeles metropolitan area, the city of Baldwin Park, California offers great weather with urban amenities. The city has a population of roughly 75,000 people, according to the 2010 U.S. Census. Baldwin Park is known as the home of the first In-N-Out burger, a popular California fast food franchise. Understanding the occupational and economic outlook of the Los Angeles region can give you the leverage for a successful search for jobs in Baldwin Park.
Job seekers in the Los Angeles area, which includes Baldwin Park, can benefit from the region’s improving economic outlook. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the unemployment rate in the Los Angeles area declined from 7.4 percent in September 2014 to 5.6 percent in September 2015. The U.S. unemployment rate hovers over 5.3 percent. The trade, transportation and utilities industry sector is the largest industry in the area. The education and health services sector offer the second largest number of jobs in the area, and the professional and business services sector follows as the third largest. Construction industry jobs experienced the biggest growth between 2014-15 at 5.8 percent. Retail salespersons make up the largest occupations in the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Glendale area, followed by general office clerks and then cashiers. The industries in the Los Angeles area make an average weekly wage of $1,120, which is slightly higher than the average weekly wage nationwide at $1,048.
1. Often, a winning resume is the ticket to getting your foot in the door. When seeking jobs in Baldwin Park area, apply these tips to create a resume that highlights your skills and your accomplishments in any career stage.
2. Avoid using personal pronouns, such as I, my, or me, when describing your work history and responsibilities.
3. Grab the attention of a potential employer by including your accomplishments and emphasizing your skills that are transferrable to any industry.
4. When possible, quantify your job responsibilities or achievements. This includes telling how many employees your supervised, how much money you saved the company or the amount of increased sales.
5. Make sure to proofread your resume for misspellings and typos.
Your next job in the Baldwin Park area is going to take job-seeking skills and positive mindset. These tips can help make your job search easier and productive.
1. Ask questions and start conversations with those in your industry. Simply put, it means networking. Your connections may lead you to job opportunities or offer valuable insight into getting a job in your desired field.
2. Actively manage your online presence. In fact, this is a must-do job search activity. Nearly half of employers screen the social media accounts of potential job candidates.
3. Elevate your online persona by blogging, tweeting, commenting or sharing industry-related content. This can demonstrate your skills as a subject-matter expert or a writer.
4. For any job lead, be sure to learn about the company. That includes understanding industry trends that are affecting the company or researching the company’s company culture.
5. Be in for the long haul. Everyone has challenges to find their ideal job in a post-Recession job market. Remember that the job hunt is a marathon, not a sprint. Often, it’s persistence and dedication that pulls you ahead of other job seekers.