Jobs in Balch Springs, TX
- 268,356 Resumes
- 25,893 Jobs Available
- 25,120 Population
- $61,000 Average Salary
One of the many booming suburbs in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex area, Balch Springs is a mid-sized town of 23,728 residents, as of the 2010 census. Dallas surrounds the city to its south and west, while on its northern and eastern ends, it is bordered by Mesquite. Balch Springs is home to its own Independent School District as well as a number of private schools. Those who are considering employment in the area may want to reflect on the economic outlook for jobs in Balch Springs, the average wages in the area and the top performing industries, all of which is discussed below.
Only a 16 mile drive from Dallas and yet home to much of its own amenities and commerce, Balch Springs is a great community to work, play and live. The unemployment rate in Dallas County, which includes Balch Springs, is 3.8 percent, which is much lower than the national average of 5.3 percent. The top performing industry in the region is trade, transportation and utilities, followed by professional and business services and then education and health services. Government is in fourth place, and leisure and hospitality is in fifth place, having risen 7.5 percent just over 2014-2015. Retail salespersons, office clerks and customer service representatives are the top jobs in Balch Springs and the Dallas area. The average weekly wage of all workers is $1,057, which is extremely close to the national average of $1,048.
When it comes to job applications, there is nothing that can highlight your relevant life’s experiences quite like a resume. Here are some ideas to keep in mind when creating or updating your resume, no matter how far along your career path you are.
1. Keep all of the information on your resume current, making sure that you don’t include any skills that you don’t plan on using in the future.
2. While there are breakable rules of resume writing, such as going over the one page limit, there are also unbreakable rules, namely: no errors or typos and no lies.
3. Always keep in mind the general purpose of a resume: to make you stand out enough to get an interview and be remembered long after that interview is over.
4. The resume ingredients rule indicates that the order of the information in your resume should go from most interesting or impactful, in the eyes of your reader, to least interesting.
5. If you have licenses, certifications, affiliations or memberships that are relevant to the job you’re applying for, feel free to list these in their own section.
Searching for jobs in Balch Springs is an endeavor that demands perseverance, creativity and a good dose of self motivation. Here are some pieces of advice that are likely to make your job hunt even smoother.
1. Determine what it is that you are truly looking for in a career, whether it’s company culture or a flexible schedule, and don’t compromise on a position until you find what it is that you are seeking.
2. Sometimes it’s essential to widen the possibilities of your job search by opening yourself up to new positions, new fields or new industries altogether. If you’re considering switching jobs or industries, make sure to know what your transferrable skills are, since these will play a major role in landing a new job.
3. The best references come from those professionals who are at the top of their career and have influential pull with other industry leaders that you admire.
4. Take charge of every aspect of your own job search, creating a schedule that involves a daily roster of job-hunting related activities that you will do regularly, such as improving your resume and looking for jobs online.
5. Be aware that future employers are likely to screen your social media profiles, and make sure that your online presence shows you off as a professional.